For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Memnus

First Post
Bad, bad news, guys. Here comes real life.

So, I just moved. You knew that. I'm also a Rocky Horror junkie. You may have known that. The problem comes when I want to join the Rocky crew here... and now they tell me they'll take me, and their rehearsals are Sunday nights.

EDIT: (I don't know how late rehearsals will be going. They start at 5 Mountain time, and it's possible that they'll be short for now. As showtime gets closer, though, damn straight it'll go later.)

This was a really hard choice for me. This group has been a big deal to me for years, and I'd hate to have to leave. But I've been here three weeks and need to start meeting people, and gods know I'm failing at that at school.

So - that leaves four options.

0. (added in edit) We push start time back a single hour for now, and see how things go. It's possible that this timing will work, though it'll put a lot of vulnerability into future Sundays.

1. We move to another time during the week. I realize there are employed people in the group, and nothing else works for some of you. Finding something I can be consistent with will also suck, a lot, because I'm in grad school.

2. We go on hiatus until after the Halloween shows. Ick, ick ick ick, never mind that the cast is also available for hire year-round so I could get called away for a month of rehearsals at any point they get a gig, then when they start up rehearsals again next August I'm gone for another three months.

3. I bow out. I've got info for a lot of the major players in the Depths of Valdorane storyline, and can do a writeup of where I see things going and send it to anyone willing to take over. I'd continue to launch a server every week, follow the tavern posts, and redouble my efforts on filling in the wiki, but I'd no longer be an active member of FMTG.

Clearly, #2 is the worst option. #3 sucks for me, but if there's no time everyone else can agree on, I'll accept it. I suggest we try #0 this week and see how things go.

There's no good way to say how sorry about this. I wish there were.

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
Memnus, there is no way I want you to have to bow out. You have been the pillar of FMTG and I thoroughly believe the group would fall apart in a short time if you left. If you need to, I can pick up some slack DMing too.

As for me, I think we should opt for option 0 this Sunday and look at days/times that we can change to. We'll wait in case you go later.

Saturdays would be excellent for me. This semester has me going to school on Saturday, so the day is already pretty shot. It would be nice to free up Sunday for quality time with my wife along with making sure I get enough sleep for work Monday. Friday nights may also be an option. I do occasionally work a second job on Saturday or Friday nights, but that is rare.

I may also be open on Monday or Wednesday nights as long as it doesn't go too late.

evandariel

First Post
Hmm.

Going later is ok.. though I have to be up ~6:30am on MWF. Saturday night wouldn't be too bad, I don't think, and Friday night is also ok, although I may (very, very rarely) have dinner plans on that night. Monday or Wednesday nights would be good, since I don't have to be up so early on tuesday and thursday.

I don't mind moving times, really, as long as we all stay flexible in case something comes up.

Memnus

First Post
Server is up for the night. I'll try to be back by 7 PDT or earlier, and bring with me news of how consistently that will be possible.

Zildrax

First Post
I am, for the most part, good for any time. I wouldn't mind a date change actually since no matter what I do I always seem tired on Sunday. Maybe I won't be tired on another day. *chuckles*

Memnus

First Post
Well, by popular demand, Monday it will be, at the regular time - 6 pm Pacific time. Ezieer, does this work for you?

Filling up the wiki proceeds nicely - all gods are now in, and a framework for the kingdoms, which are the real meat. I think once we get Mittendien, Thoradur, and Lorlynia in (with separate pages for important cities and whatever NPCs are available) we should be able to start advertising.

Ezieer

First Post
Memnus said:
Well, by popular demand, Monday it will be, at the regular time - 6 pm Pacific time. Ezieer, does this work for you?

Filling up the wiki proceeds nicely - all gods are now in, and a framework for the kingdoms, which are the real meat. I think once we get Mittendien, Thoradur, and Lorlynia in (with separate pages for important cities and whatever NPCs are available) we should be able to start advertising.

Yeah that will work.

Memnus

First Post
Once I figure out where I've got quota space left to put them, yeah. I'm not putting them on the wiki itself - the almighty Emiricol asked me to keep the bandwidth use down, and since he's still paying the hosting, what he says goes.

firehorse

First Post
I understand. How is Em? Has he said anything about coming back?

I'm also working up a Ranger Class Variant for Dwarf Rangers (Caver). I've seen mention of them, but nothing specific before. Basically, the archery combat style will be tailored more to crossbows, plant-based spells will be swapped out for more stone-based, and they will be able to use their sense of smell to help tracking in underground (hard ground) settings. Penalties for snow, rain, etc. will double and wind will also hamper their tracking. Also, one of their animal companion choices will be the Dwarf Hound, although it will be in the 'Class Lvl -3' section.

Anyway, I'll send it to you when I get something written up. Just tossing things around right now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases