(Adventure) A hunting trip

Pyrex

First Post
OOC:
I'm not saying that Remi would (or, necessarily wouldn't) choose to work with Aranel again if she chose to take everything and run, but a quick survey of the Character Gallery shows a significant population of CN-aligned characters and at least a few xE-aligned characters. I think that ENWorld is rapidly approaching a large enough population that being a thief (with or without Rogue levels) is a viable character choice. Will it be easy? No. Is it doable? I think so.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I think Aranel's comments were joking, though I may be wrong. Honestly, I had determined the lovely hand crossbow before seeing that her PC had used (nearly all of) her stating cash for a HCB, odd, that.
As far as sneaky bits, I much prefer email bluehead69@yahoo.com . Three other games that I run on here consist of mostly evil (Drow,Tieflings,Goblins,Ogres) and email makes for perfectly good sneakiness. Honestly, if anyone saw the entirety of the backlog of emails from my Under a Vaulted Sky:The Silver Door game, with 5 Drow who all pretty much hate each other (except for the one obsessed with her sister in a most unsavory way, that is...). Needless, it is quite a bit of email-spionage.

Gathering the loot is easily accomplished by one or two when the rest see to the Krimp's and the Ogreling (I like that word).

Just waiting on a response from Aranel as to the question of her actions.

Telerin picked up the cloak and looked it over, scratching Whitefang's ear softly. After a long silence, taking in things, he finally spoke, "I will have nothing to do with the Ogre child. Do with it what you will...my way is to simply let it live. Though I would likely have to return and kill it later," he paused and took a few steps forward, "It is your choice. Its fate should not be placed in my hands, for I will not be a fair judge...even of a child."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kahuna Burger said:
Anyway, unless aranel really wants to do something, I don't see the point of this conversation, except to end a fun adventure on a stupid note...

Hey, at least someone had fun :D Glad to get feedback on what was just a spur-of-the-moment throw together.

I had mentioned a sighting of an Ogre maurading in my other game where the PCs were questioning a Roadwarden from another station, then I looked at the 'characters in need of supervision' thread and voila. Insto-Adventure in a can.

EXP TOTALS
2 feral Ogres, CR 3 an 4 respectively (the Male was injured from a nasty critical from the Son that Bron looked after, and thus less of a threat)each:Total 2,350EXP
The Trap was worth 600

I am awarding Roleplaying EXP for your excellent interaction and team-work etc...to the sum of 500 each, making the grand total 1238EXP each, making you all Level 2. That was easy, all you need is some roided out Ogres...Str 29 on the Female when Raged...Ugh.

We can deal with aftermath and loot after you have all voiced opinions on it, checked for magic etc... As well, we can roleplay out the end scene with the Krimps, the Ogreling and anything else needing a shore-up.

Thanks for providing an interesting group for this one.

-Uriel

Pyrex

First Post
Uriel said:
We can deal with aftermath and loot after you have all voiced opinions on it, checked for magic etc... As well, we can roleplay out the end scene with the Krimps, the Ogreling and anything else needing a shore-up.

Thanks for providing an interesting group for this one.

OOC:
We may as well tie up the RP loose ends first as nobody will have a Detect Magic available until the next morning anyway.

Oh, and thanks for DM'ing. You da man. :D

Aranel

First Post
OOC: Yeah ^^ That was great. Thank you

IC: Aranel grinned and smiled to Katherine "Not my skills alone, I would not have got this far without your light, nor your encouragement, neither of us would have got here at all had it not been for the others, all of us managed this."
Running her fingers across her new handcrossbow she sighed, pleased. They could finally go back to civilisation and she could have a hot bath and a good meal...
Moving around to Mrs Krimp the elf offered a shoulder, or even a head, to lean on. "It will be a fair distance for tired legs."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Pyrex said:
OOC:
We may as well tie up the RP loose ends first as nobody will have a Detect Magic available until the next morning anyway.

Oh, and thanks for DM'ing. You da man. :D

If I can finish my other game, we could have a good base for cross pollination for a new adventure. They have a ranger,2 rogues,bard,wizard and a paladin.
Man, LEW needs more Clerics...er. Or a sale on Healing Potions.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
Man, LEW needs more Clerics...er. Or a sale on Healing Potions.

ooc: kahuna looks at the poor lonely cleric sitting in the red dragon inn with no one to adventure with.... :(

Katherine smiles her thanks for aranels words but seems bone weary. "More of a story than I went looking for and no meat to gift our fellow travelers with... but I've learned what I wanted to and more besides. Lets restore the Krimps to their homes and find our own beds."

When everything of value has been removed from the cave, the half elf takes a coiled whip from beneath her cloak and lashes from a good distance away at the taut vine aranel had marked earlier. Moving out of the dust raised by the deadfall, she shrugs at the others. "No need to let some poor hunter sheltering from the rain be killed by an enemy long defeated. And its as much of a burial as I have the strength left to give this tomb..."

ooc: Katherine will leave all of the copper and silver coins with the Krimps, it can come out of her share. She also gives the violin to the young daughter with a promise to come visit on occasion to help her learn to play it. Consider some suitably orated and diplomatic speach about the ogreling coming from its mothers death and touched only by human and elf kindness since then given... Once katherine has had a very long nap she will detect magic on all of the non coin objects found... no spellcraft so we may have to hire someone to more precisely identify any magical wares.

Pyrex

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"More of a story than I went looking for and no meat to gift our fellow travelers with... but I've learned what I wanted to and more besides."

Remi turns to Kat with a grin
"Yeah, but think of how much fun you'll have retelling all this back at the Red Dragon.
Imagine it; the four of us up against not just one but two ogres. And we all lived to tell the tale."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases