(Adventure) A hunting trip

Kahuna Burger

First Post
"And so, I'd like to propose a hunt. I could pay a few gold each if one or two of you who are skilled in the woods would take me along and show me the basics of tracking. And with any luck we can bring back some fresh meat and treat our fellows to a hot meal tonight. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll change into something more sensible." Katherine smiled a bit at the end as she glanced down at the emminately sensible travling clothes she already wore...

Last edited by a moderator:

Telerin smiles suddenly and glances up from the table towards Katherine. That was just up his alley...sort of. Close enough at least.
"I would gladly assist you," he says across the tavern, "Whitefang here enjoys a good hunt and could be more help than one would expect. I believe Miss Aranel here might wish to come too..."

((OOC: Just a note, Aranel's gone until tommorrow, but I know she'll follow. I'll direct her here when she gest back.))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I could easily help on this one, though I'll be unavailable until late Sunday or early Monday for the most part. I will be able to post in about 6 hours briefly, so maybe there may be something together from you folks by then.

IC: A man, an older fellow with yellowed hair and a scraggly beard looks katherine's way, smiling a gap-toothed smile. 'Naow, jus whut sorta Hunt you lookin fer, lass. There's a storm brewin and I doubt thet there's much good light an such to bag anything with assuredness. Still, there's things thet Hunt in such conditions themselfs, there iz...'

The oldster looks hale for one his age, wearing brown and green garb, a quarterstaff,longbow and short broad-bladed sword at his hip. SIpping his tea, the man awaits some response from the young woman.

Noting the Druid and Wolf, the oldster doffs his cap and nods in respect for him 'Greetins to ya, Master Caretaker. Good it is ta meetcha, and yer fine Wulf there.I'm Bron Bekkle, Forester in these here parts and a devout follower of The Greenman, I am. I sometimes do work fer the Roadwardens and such. You kin ask any around,I'm a trustworthy sort, they'll tell ye.' '

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
OoC:I could easily help on this one, though I'll be unavailable until late Sunday or early Monday for the most part. I will be able to post in about 6 hours briefly, so maybe there may be something together from you folks by then.

IC: A man, an older fellow with yellowed hair and a scraggly beard looks katherine's way, smiling a gap-toothed smile. 'Naow, jus whut sorta Hunt you lookin fer, lass. There's a storm brewin and I doubt thet there's much good light an such to bag anything with assuredness. Still, there's things thet Hunt in such conditions themselfs, there iz...'

The oldster looks hale for one his age, wearing brown and green garb, a quarterstaff,longbow and short broad-bladed sword at his hip. SIpping his tea, the man awaits some response from the young woman.

Katherine smiles with genuine warmth and offers the old man a chair.

"I'm hunting what I always do, sir. Knowlege. I'd like to learn how to hunt, what to look for and how to see it. My instinct is to say that such basics shouldn't be learned in a storm, but then I strongly maintained that propper diction shouldn't be learned with a mouth full of marbles, and my tutor taught me better.

"If you are willing to teach, I am willing to let the teacher choose the setting... though I must admit I still miss the agate I swallowed."

Pyrex

First Post
Remi looks over towards Katherine from where he sits at the bar.

"I'd be happy to come along and help you learn to hunt as well. As nice a bar as Joe runs I've been sitting in it for a bit too long. It'd be nice to get out into the woods again."

Uriel said:
Noting the Druid and Wolf, the oldster doffs his cap and nods in respect for him 'Greetins to ya, Master Caretaker. Good it is ta meetcha, and yer fine Wulf there.I'm Bron Bekkle, Forester in these here parts and a devout follower of The Greenman, I am. I sometimes do work fer the Roadwardens and such. You kin ask any around, I'm a trustworthy sort, they'll tell ye.' '

Telerin smiled and nodded to the man, while Whitefang did his own form of greeting...staring with interest, "Its good to see a man with skill in the forest, mister Bekkle. A rare thing that is becomming these days in towns like this. My name is Telerin Sathalos...and this heap of fur here is Whitefang."

Aranel

First Post
Aranel gave the human a bemused look. "I thought I could choose." She grinned and waved off any reply. "Hunting isn't my area but Learning a thing or two is, I'll come. If only to keep you all safe from boredom."

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Aranel said:
Aranel gave the human a bemused look. "I thought I could choose." She grinned and waved off any reply. "Hunting isn't my area but Learning a thing or two is, I'll come. If only to keep you all safe from boredom."

"Aranel, you wound me!" Katherine exclaimed with a mock gasp. "Boredom may well be the only thing I am capable of slaying, and you would take my only foe? But it would be a delight to have a sister along." The elven term she uses is warm without being overly presumptuous

She grins to acknowlege Remi's words and turns the the old man in brown and green. [note: bardic knowlege check +3, if there is a perfered language or titles among followers of the Greenman, she will use them to address him] "It seems we have a willing group, Master Bekkle. I leave it to you to set the time and place of our lessons, with the aid of young Master Remi. Only give me a moment to secure the less... rugged of my belongings and I will follow at your leisure."

If the old man does not propose an imediate departure, Katherine sits and begins scribing a letter on parchment. If he seems willing to move out into the storm, she will excuse herself upstairs and return dressed in a more rugged set of clothes, covered in pockets and flaps with every little thing that might be needed [an explorer's outfit], a crossbow and a whip at her side.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The oldster looks from one to another and then says with a somber tone laced with seriousness 'Well, truth be known,Lass, Storms a might dreadful time to be Huntin, at least for sane folk. Me, I have been after a particular Ormfene for the better part of a month, though it seems an ellusive Thing. It has no qualms about preying on the good folk as well as the animals of the area during bad weather.'

Telerin:The word Ormfene is one that followers of The Greenman use for despoilers of the Wilds. Some form of monster that takes whatever it wants with no regard for the Balance .

<Bardic Knowledge>
Either 'Father' for one his age or 'Keeper', as he seems to be one concerned with maintaining the balance in the wilds.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Uriel said:
'...Me, I have been after a particular Ormfene for the better part of a month...'

After checking to make sure his weapons and gear are packed and ready for travel in the poor weather Remi turns to Bron and asks:
"Master Bekkle, I've seen many creatures in the heart of the wood, but I've never heard of an 'Ormfene'. What sort of creature is it you're hunting?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases