D&D 5E halforc paladin level 4 - ASI?

smbakeresq

Explorer
Level 9 now, in ToA.
Shield Master was the right decision.
What a great feat, both offensive and defensive.
I shield-shoved so many monsters successfuly, they almost never have athletics.
Chose str+2 in level 8.

What I find amazing, at every table I have ever played at, is you can suggest players focus fire on a creature and it just doesn’t happen. But if you use, as an example, shield master to prone someone and then say “if you attack this guy that I proned you get advantage” players will leap across traps, risk opportunity attacks, etc to get to where they can roll more dice.

To get a group to play as a team asking them isn’t the best option!

Gavin O.

First Post
What I find amazing, at every table I have ever played at, is you can suggest players focus fire on a creature and it just doesn’t happen. But if you use, as an example, shield master to prone someone and then say “if you attack this guy that I proned you get advantage” players will leap across traps, risk opportunity attacks, etc to get to where they can roll more dice.

I agree totally with this. It's one of the reasons I love hold person, characters love to focus fire when they're guaranteed a crit.

I'm playing with some friends now for about 30 years now (with breaks, every few months or so) - no surprise we are a killer team, listening to each other, and we're really good at focussing fire.

A few years ago I started playing with my kids and some of their friends, so funny to see, when in a tough fight the rogue and the sorcerer (a little more "table time" than the rest) engage the mighty demon, whereas their melee team, the ranger and moon druid attack the minions/cultists... The sorcerer's player almost exploded at the table! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases