Info on upcoming S&SS/Scarred Lands Releases!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
One of the panels at DragonCon was about upcoming Sword and Sorcery releases. Among those discussed were the following:
-Vigil Watch:Assathi: information about this release included special character classes for the assathi that can be applied to other races and the concept of a weapon familiar. Basically a weapon that is passed down from ancestor to descendant that gains in power as it does so.
-Crimson Abyss: a sourcebook on the Blood Sea. This details the areas above and below. It also includes information on Kadum and rules on how characters might try to raise him. Due in 2004
-Echoes of the Past: a sourcebook that deals with the legacy of the Slaericans. Including information on ruins, creatures, items, and powers of this race. Due in 2004.
-Edge of Infinity: a sourcebook of the planar cosmology in the Scarred Lands. One tidbit that was revealed was that the astrological signs from Relics and Rituals II represent a spirit that has its own plane. Also not all
races will share the same planar cosmology. Due in 2004.

Also included was already announced projects such as the Termana: Campaign Setting, the Player Guides, Creature Collection III, and the Forsaken and the Faithful, which gives info on the Forsaken elves and the Charduni

Some good stuff upcoming in 2004 folks! I can't wait! ;)

Echoes of the Past has been announced?

Cool. I can stop being cryptic on my web site about the "mysterious SSS project on which I did some last-minute pickup work." :D

Nightfall

Ari,

Yep. But I sort of knew about a month ago when Joe did an interview for Mortality about forthcoming S&SS/Scarred Lands books.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Speaking of upcoming S&SS releases, any official release date for the Warcraft Manual of Monsters yet? I know it's planned for september release, but that's it.

Nightfall

Well to act both as a BUMP as well as give people some ideas, I'm posting images/covers of the stuff coming at the end of the year. So here we go! :)

CreatureCollection3.jpg

Creature Collection 3: Savage Beastiary

Faithful%26Forsaken.jpg

Faithful and Forsaken (Sourcebook for the Elven Kingdoms on Termana and of course the Charduni)

PGtoMonksandPaladins.jpg

Player's Guide to Paladins and Monks

VigilWatchAsaahti.jpg

Vigil Watch: Secrets of the Assathi

SLCSTermanna.jpg

SLCS: Termana

There you go folks. :)

Sounds like some cool stuff!

Echoes of the Past especially!

Crimson Abyss contains info on how "characters" might raise Kadum? Huh? WHAT?

hijack - anyone find any mini's to represent Assathi? Most mini's I have found just don't have those cool long necks...

I have been buying GW's Skaven to use as Slitheren (duh) ...

Great pictures! Although that Dwarf is gonna get crushed by the chick on the horse! Especially good illo on the Assathi book - do I smell ENnie nomination in 2004/5 ?

Thanks Nighty

Pants

First Post
The CC3 cover is really cool looking
Vigil Watch: Secrets of the Assathi: Is that a Ron Spencer picture? I've always liked his work

Nightfall

Alright, time to go Sage-o-licious here. ;)

Biggie:

I agree, Echoes DOES sound great but I'm a tad more interested in Edge meself. Though of course anything Slacerian related always gets a deep look at by meself. About Crimson Abyss...I can say I know something about it..but I can't say what. :p Sorry. As for finding Assathi minis...well maybe some day down the road we can get Reaper to do some Scarred Lands minis. Yeah that is a good pic but I'm more interested in seeing the cover art for THESE upcoming 2004 books. Especially Edge, Echoes and Crimson. Those three have most of my attention at the moment.

Pants, not sure. I'll check my source...but I honestly don't know.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases