[AU] Butterfly Cage

WizWrm

First Post
Ray Silver said:
"Very well then, we're all set. What other questions do you have before you set out?"

Sanje glances at the assembled group. "It appears there are no questions. We are seemingly ready to set out."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Unless one of us needs to buy equipment, I say we head straight to the peaks."
With that, Galen rises from the table and moves his staff more comfortably to his hand.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dalamar said:
"Unless one of us needs to buy equipment, I say we head straight to the peaks."

"Well . . . I don't have any rope or climbing gear. But the rest of my equipment is ready to go. I probably can just use someone else's as long as everyone has enough . . . I'd say I'm ready to go!" Connor said. "At least, I think I'm ready to go . . I mean who really knows if they're ready to go. Until you get there and find you've forgotten something and made the whole previous statement completely false, so in actuality . . ."

Connor continued for some time on his theories before drifting off and looking to the others and smiling sheepishly.

ES2

First Post
Scinathar looks at Mochor and grabs his staff firmly, then looks at the rest of the group. "It's wise to be on the side of caution. My companion and myself don't have climbing equipment, Conner says he lacks it also. We should shop for any necessary items before we head up to the peaks since none of us have been there before, nor have any knowledge of how high these peaks are. Unless you think you're good enough as it is now to achieve this goal we have set in motion without any further purchases?"

Scinathar lifts his rather light looking bag and puts the strap over his shoulder, then waits for the others to make up their minds.

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis nods in agreement with Scinathar.

"I have rope, but no other climbing equipment," he says. "I'll join you in making purchases."

Grathis stands and shoulders his gear.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
[OOC: If anyone wanted to do something big before they left town, aside from buying supplies, let me know in the OOC thread and I can edit. But to keep the game moving... Also, I'm making use of the spoiler tags, so no one highlight anything until they read to the end of the post!]

*Thusly agreed, and (apparently) not willing to go through a brotherhood ceremony with people who are still essentially strangers, the party goes for a bit of shopping before heading out to the peaks. Tallon's General Goods, located in the eastern part of town, on the opposite side of town from Inn Street, can supply most of your needs. Rope and climbing gear are easy to find, as are trail rations and other things, though they're more expensive that normal [20% above AU book price]. Shovels or other tools, if desired, can be purchased just inside the North Gate Market, that being the market right next to the gate closest to the mountains (and opposite the main gate you all arrived through).*

*Now prepared, you head out into the peaks, though it is almost noon before you start out. You quickly separate yourselves from the groups headed up the well-beaten main trail. You follow the trail marked out on Javdak's map, and can clearly see that it is much less traveled. Mochor notices that
the trail has been used recently, by at least two giants, around three humans or verrik, and at least one faen. However, that seems to be the only recent use by intelligent life. You notice some scratches on a tree trunk, probably from a wolverine, and there's some deer spoor that you notice a bit off of the trail.

*As you climb the steep trail, you have to use the pitons and rope in two places to get everyone up easily. There seems to be no prior use of pitons here, so yours leave the first scratches in the stone. Eventually you ascend to the proper height indicated on the map. The sun shines brightly on the peaks, illuminating a lovely mountain meadow thick with multi-colored flowers.*

*You are interrupted in your search for the ruins, however, as a voice, ragged with grief, pierces the air in a shattering scream. You all hear the voice break into a half-chant, half-song. It seems to be coming from the northwest.*

"Oh egon, eemaya seti, ya’ou sekaymat!
(Oh ancestors, hear my cry, grant my plea)
Oh egon, ai keya sotai, ai keya somay!
(Oh ancestors, my heart is breaking, my heart bleeds)
U’saya ei kai, pai’yon ei may, u’saya may li
(My own blood, my shield, my own strong hand)
Aa Ma’ray, ay shon, Aa Ma’ray, ay keya, Aa Ma’ray lushaya
(Aa Ma’ray, my heart, Aa Ma’ray, my sister of soul, Aa Ma’ray, my beloved)
Ai anukay, ahshamine, isone ishyay
(Come to me, my sister, be my guardian spirit)
Ai anukay, shaya Aa Ma’ray, sou isco idan
(Come to me, beloved Aa Ma’ray, stay within my soul)
Aa Ma’Ray, shaya, li hadare os lay
(Aa Ma’ray, beloved, I will wait for you)
Aa Ma’ray, Aa Ma’ray!
(Aa Ma’ray, Aa Ma’ray!)
Oh egon, eemayon ki, pas Aa Ma’ray towa ee may!
(Oh ancestors, hear me, let Aa Ma’ray return to me!)
Oh egon, ai keya sotai
(Oh ancestors, my heart is breaking)
Aa Ma’ray, shaya, li so shay, manaray
(Aa Ma’ray, beloved, I am here, always)
Manaray, shaya..."
(Always, beloved)

[OOC: Ok, Mochor, and only Mochor may highlight the information after "Mochor notices that..." If he chooses to tell the party about what he knows, then you know only what he tells you. Consider this the equivalent of the DM taking a person aside or handing them a note. Also, those of you that know Giant may highlight after each phrase of the chant to see the translation. If you don't know Giant, you have to wait to see what your comrades tell you. I seem to notice that not everyone has their languages written down. Could everyone do that as soon as they get a chance? Thanks.]

Jaik

First Post
(While we're on the trail, before the weird chanting starts...)
"It appears that the other party we saw at the Inn has been through here earlier today. Several giants, a couple of humans and perhaps several Faen."

Remove ads