[AU] Butterfly Cage

WizWrm

First Post
"Another seeking-team, of no doubt," says Sanje. "We will simply need to be careful to not be in each other's way."

When he hears the scream, Sanje stops walking and reaches reflexively for his sword before relaxing. "That does not sound as if all is well. Are there any among us who speak this language?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
Galen listens to the song.
"It's in the giant tongue, my mentor taught it to me. It seems someone is yearning for a missing loved one."

OoC: I picked giant as one of my three extra languages since I've had a giant mentor. But the .pdf don't really give much on languages, could somebody with the actual book suggest some to me?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Galen said:
"It's in the giant tongue, my mentor taught it to me. It seems someone is yearning for a missing loved one."

"I agree, that's giant tongue . . . sounds like someone mourning or in trouble. We should see if we can help out," Connor commented as he made his way up the mountain.

ES2

First Post
Scinathar looks around puzzled by the voice, not understanding what it means, nor why the rest want to go help this person out.

"Wouldn't it be in our best interest to just continue up to the ruins? I don't understand what this song is, or who's crying, or why, and I don't see why we should go out of our way to see about this."

He finishes speaking for a moment, stops in his tracks, and looks up at the peaks in longing, wanting to see the ruins. Somebody's crying and we have to go check it out and waste our time....**pause**....this could be a trap to lure us away, Scinathar thinks to himself, and continues to follow the group.

whispers to Mochor: 'This could be a trap, be wary just in case.'

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The group cautiously moves to the northwest on the lookout for trouble. The voice continues its heartbroken cry, repeating brokenly many of the phrases you heard before. The word "Aa Ma'ray" is repeated many times in a pleading tone, it seems to be a name.*

*As you come over a small rise you come upon a devistating scene. You recognize the giant woman from the Eloquent Minotar, she's crading another woman in her arms; one side of her chest is caved in, she's clearly dead. What startles most of you is that their features are identical. The two women are twins. There are three humans standing around, one with a crossbow and two with shortbows pointed outward in a small semi-circle. The giant woman is kneeling in front of a cave entrance, and both her and the body she is holding is covered with rock dust. There's a faen just emerging from the cave entrance, also covered with rock dust. There's blood on his shirt, and he has a pain-filled expression on his face.*

*One of the archers spots you and gives a shout in Common.*

"Who are you?"

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis eyes the group suspiciously. Perhaps they were victim of a cave in, but until he's certain about their intent he is on guard. He casually grips his morningstar and waits for one of the more talkative members of his group to speak up...he knows of at least one who's sure to chime in.

Jaik

First Post
Mochor looks longingly at the scene, wishing to go and help, but his oath holds him by Scinathar's side like a ring of steel, and he obediently remains on guard against ambush.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rybaer said:
...he knows of at least one who's sure to chime in.

Connor looked at the seen before him and was slightly stunned - book learning and debates with faen magisters just didn't prepare him for seeing death the first time. After noting the others silence, Connor cleared his throat and held his arms slightly out from his body, staff in one hand.

"Hello, there. My name is Connor, and these are my friends. I've seen some of you in town before - in fact this very morning. We were traveling up the peaks when we heard the calls of your friend, there. I thought there someone might need our help and here we are. Do you mind if we see if there's anything we can to do help?" Connor asked, slowly advancing on the archer who spoke.

Connor would stop his slow advance if the archer, or anyone else threatened him.

ES2

First Post
Use Detect Magic ability on the group

Scinathar stands behind Conner as he spoke to them, not saying anything but looking at them intently.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*While the other members of the group are cautious and prepared, Connor steps out and addresses the bowman. He turns his head slightly, not taking his eyes off of you, but allowing him to project his voice behind him slightly.*

"Aa-Namay, do you know these people?"

*The giant woman looks up, her face is streaked with tears and her eyes are red. You realize now that the woman is a particularly large giant, as was her twin. She blinks her eyes to clear them, and then takes several deep breaths, clutching her sister's broken body.*

"I... think. I remember seeing the faen... Please, can you help? Help Aa-Ma'ray..." she says, her voice disjointed and broken. Behind her, you see the faen man collapse to his knees, his arms across his chest, rocking back and forth, sobbing silently. The crossbowman lowers his weapon, and waves you forward, as the other two unnock their arrows. He speaks to Grathis and Conner as they come close.

"Aa-Ma'ray thought she saw something in the cave. We were hunting for magic things... she went in and the ceiling... Voes was right there, he saw her get pinned. It couldn't have been natural..." he murmurs. The man seems somewhat stunned.

*Scinathar, both Aa-Ma'ray and Aa-Namay have something around each wrist that glows faintly of abjuration. The faen, Voes, has something that radiates fait evocation at his waist. The three bowmen have no magic on them.*

Last edited:

Remove ads