Ravensburg - D&D campaign [closed]

muhcashin

Explorer
I intend to run a classic homebrewed D&D campaign, and am looking for 4 players to be heroes. You will start at 1st level. Abilities scores are bought with the standard point buy method found in the DMG (25 points, I believe). Only the PHB is allowed for starting players. As they progress and gain levels, players may choose feats, spells, prestige classes from other sources. PCs may be equipped with any mundane gear they desire, as long as it is reasonable. Best would be for the players to roll the amount of gold depending on their class; this method is found in the beginning of the Equipment chapter of the PHB. The gods are the standard ones found in the PHB.

I don't check the message boards everyday, so it can take up to 2 days for me to answer. Whenever you wish to use a Skill, you may do so as long as it makes sense. Remember Hide requires either Concealment or Cover.

As for which version, I don't really care. Besides, not everyone thinks that the new version is worth buying. Although, if you choose to use 3.0, you may not use anything found in the 3.5, and vice versa. I will follow the revised rules.

Finally, I'm not a really rules-oriented DM. Besides, getting you rules-lawyer-ish in PbP makes the game slow. So, most of times, in combat, especially, the ranges of spells, or ranged weapons are rarely taken into account. Of course, if you intend to cast a fireball 25 miles away, I wont let you.

So, join in if you're want to play some solid D&D, with a lot of dialogue.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Hmm, a 1stlevel game with no interest? Well, I meant to leave this game for someone with few games to join, but since no one is joining, count me in.

I'll wait a little with char generating until there's more interest.

Serpenteye

First Post
???. Gnome. Druid1 (3.5E)

Str:.6 (-2)
Dex:.10 (+0)
Con:16 (+3)
Int:12 (+1)
Wis:16 (+3)
Cha:.11 (+0)

HP:...............11 (1d8+3)
AC:...............11(10+1small)
Initiative:.......+0
Speed:............20
Base Attack Bonus:+0
Ranged AB:........+1
Melee AB:.........-1
Melee Damage:.....-2

Fort Save:........+5
Ref Save:.........+0
Will Save:........+5

Special: Animal companion, nature sense, wild empathy, Low-Light Vision, +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions. Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by gnomes. +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids. +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. +2 racial bonus on Listen checks. +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.

Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day-speak with animals (burrowing mammal only, duration 1 minute). 1/day-dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + 0 + spell level.

Languages: Druidic, Common, Gnome, Sylvan

Skills:20pts:..total(ranks+ability+special)
Concentration:.....7(4+3)
Diplomacy:.........2(2+0)
Knowledge (nature):5(2+1+2)
Listen:............9(4+3+2)
Spellcraft:........5(4+1)
Spot:..............5(2+3)
Survival:..........7(2+3+2)
Hide:..............4(0+0+4small)

Feats:
Natural Spell

Spells/Day:
0:3
1:2

Carrying Capacity:
Light Load Medium Load Heavy Load
15 lb. or less 16-30 lb. 31-45 lb.

Equipment: 80gp

On Person
Small Leather Armor: +2 AC, 7,5lb, 10gp
Light Wooden Shield: +1 AC, 2,5lb, 3gp
Small Sicle: 1d4, x2, 3lb, 6gp
Small Explorer's Outfit: 2lb, 10 gp
44gp

On Mount
Saddlebags:8lb, 4gp.
Waterskin: 1lb, 1gp
Vial, ink or potion*2: 1/5 lb., 2 gp

15lb on person; light encumbrance

Description:

Background:

Animal Companion: Riding Dog

DOG, RIDING
Medium Animal
Hit Dice:............2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative:..........+2
Speed:...............40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class:.........16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple:.+1/+3
Attack:..............Bite +3 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack:.........Bite +3 melee (1d6+3)
Space/Reach:.........5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities:...Low-light vision, scent
Saves:...............Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities:...........Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills:..............Jump +8, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +3, Survival +1*
Feats:...............Alertness, TrackB

Carrying Capacity: A light load for a riding dog is up to 100 pounds; a medium load, 101-200 pounds; and a heavy load, 201-300 pounds. A riding dog can drag 1,500 pounds.
Combat
If trained for war, these animals can make trip attacks just as wolves do (see the Wolf entry). A riding dog can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.
Skills: Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Jump checks. *Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
I'll join too... but I am a rules layer at heart. I'll try to suspend my comments though, if they are unwelcome.

I Like dialogue.

muhcashin

Explorer
Mithreander said:
I'll join too... but I am a rules layer at heart. I'll try to suspend my comments though, if they are unwelcome.

I Like dialogue.

Well, I know the rules really well, it's just that counting AoOs and spell ranges in a play-by-post game don't work really well. We have no minis nor battlegrid. But, you're welcome to dialogue a lot.

This game might not be generating much interest, true. I'm pretty disappointed but hey. What's a DM to do? Promise some munchkin game with 20th level heroes?

Thels

First Post
There's some making sense though. If you just melee attacked some fellow, and that fellow is planning on casting a spell without moving first, then you know it's AoO.

As for 20th level heroes, who says that's more fun? I like the level 1 campaigns most. Or maybe an occasional level 2 campaign to pick a +1 LA race.

25 points is not much, but I've played games with less points than that and still had a heck of a time.

ES2

First Post
Put me down as a player in the game. I have been looking at non D&D games but this one peaked my interest. I don't care about point totals, so 25 points works for me. If we are going with four players, then I want to be a Wizard or Sorceror. Or, are you also allowing Psionics, and if so then I will be a Psychic Warrior.

What kind of setting will this be? Canon D&D world with all the basic classes, races, and gods? If so, then I'll be a Dwarf who happens to cast magic, and after a quick thinking period, I'll be a Wizard.

Dwarf Wizard (or Psychic Warrior), male, level 1 coming up. :)

Last edited:

muhcashin

Explorer
We got now 4 players. Good.
Which Edition?: Choose the one you have. Of course, for some rulings, i will use 3.5 and for others 3.0. For one, I really hate the new weapon size rules for 3.5. So let's stick with the old ones.

You can make a psychic warrior, if you wish.
Also, bear in mind that this game will depend much on PC automony. Don't ask me whether you can do this or that. Just do it, and if it really doesn't make any sense, I'll tell you.

It'll be cannon D&D with all the stuff, though not necessarily Greyhawk. Once all the PCs are ready, I'll give you more detail on the world.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases