Pathfinder 1E EB's Second Darkness w/RoleMaster rules (plz ignore prefix) - Recruitment (need a Burglar) haha

EarlyBird

Explorer
So here is a little story...

Last night while I was at my LGS (feeding my Tyranids some Space Marines, think of it like lobster, prying the meat out of that power armor, ummm tasty), the owner showed me a box of used Pathfinder RPG stuff. The previous owner needing a bit of cash (we all have been there), and Dan (the LGS store owner) knowing he'll get some money from me for it. Well there was no rule books but plenty of adventures, which was ok by me

So I bought SIX complete adventure paths. And will run one of them converting the game into my RoleMaster game. Oh I also have the Age of Worms adventure path from way back to add to the following list:

Curse of the Crimson Throne
The city of Korvosa is perched on the edge of anarchy—the king is dead, and rumors whisper that his young queen might be responsible! This urban campaign of decadence and dark dealings casts the heroes against plagues, barbarians, riots, and worse!

Second Darkness
A strange shadow lurks in the sky above the city of Riddleport, and the doomsayers take it as a sign of the approaching end of the world! The true menace comes not from the skies above but the benighted passages of the subterranean Darklands, leading the heroes on a sweeping quest that begins in a star-struck city, weaves through ancient elven ruins, and unmasks the terrible secret of the dark elves!

Legacy of Fire
Long ago, two warring armies of genies fought on the slopes of Pale Mountain, and the world shook under the power of their wishcraft. Today, the armies are wakening, and one potent efreeti warlord is ready to pick up where he left off! This outrageous, inventive campaign takes the heroes to all corners of the desert land of Katapesh and beyond, with journeys to strange demi-planes and even the fabled City of Brass!

Council of Thieves
Once the seat of mighty Imperial Cheliax, the decaying metropolis of Westcrown now stands wrecked and ruined, haunted by mysterious shadow beasts and besieged by the agents of the nation's new diabolical rulers. Amid this chaos, a growing schism in the city's influential Council of Thieves threatens to tear Westcrown apart unless a new group of heroes rises from the ashes of empire to chart a new destiny for the lost souls of the city.

Serpent's Skull
A chance shipwreck in pirate-infested waters sets the heroes on a chase to discover a lost city in the jungles of the treacherous Mwangi Expanse! Factions like the Pathfinder Society and the Red Mantis assassin league are also on the hunt to discover the city's forgotten secrets, terrible revelations that could awaken a sleeping god and bring doom to the world of Golarion!

Carrion Crown
The Cult of the Whispering Way weaves a wide-ranging conspiracy throughout the horror-tinged lands of Ustalav aimed at freeing the Lich King Tar-Baphon, better known as the Whispering Tyrant, from his eternal prison in the dungeon of Gallowspire. Their debased rites and malicious schemes set werewolf against vampire, ghost against terror from beyond time and space in a thrilling campaign that touches upon themes of classic horror and dark swords and sorcery!

No need for you to know the rules or what your Maneuvering Ranks are. We will try this very old school to start with you deciding to try and do something and me giving you a degree of success based off your rolls.

Combat might be by the book, and you'll all get use to what to roll and what your character is capable of as we play. It will be more fun than you think, please think of giving this a try.

Hope to get about 2 or 3 more players.

Players already: @hero4hire @jonathonhawke

You two have a preference? And you may change your concepts to better fit the game once we have on figured out, if you like.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Concept: I have been to the paizo site and have download the free players guides. Once we know what adventure we wish to run we can start deciding on character concepts.

EarlyBird

Explorer
You are correct, I am looking into that even now. It should be super fun as these all look like great games, and RoleMaster is a gritty near realist system that should add to the play.

EDIT: I wondered if not only the system, but the whole sandbox game was together turning players off to the chance to try RoleMaster. With these ready made and tested adventures I hope it draws people in to try.

Yavathol

Explorer
Hi EB, I saw your thread previously but was put off because I've never played Rolemaster;-)
Then I re-read some posts and saw that you're happy to handle the rules, so we don't have to know them, but can just describe things from a roleplaying perspective! Ok, great;-)
Please consider me interested, I'll be curious to see if it is possible to hide the rules from the players to that extent!!

I'll try and post a background, as requested, tomorrow.

Looking through the list of classes, the Magus sounds interesting, so I'll come up with something that has an apprenticeship with a magic user of some type..

Yavathol

Explorer
Lol, I just googled "rolemaster 2 Magus" and the first result that came back warned Magus is the most powerful class in the game, and can be campaign busters!!
I guess there's plenty of other Spellcaster types, if it's like early editions of D&D then any high level magic user is going to be more powerful than non spell casters..:-D

EarlyBird

Explorer
Lol, I just googled "rolemaster 2 Magus" and the first result that came back warned Magus is the most powerful class in the game, and can be campaign busters!!
I guess there's plenty of other Spellcaster types, if it's like early editions of D&D then any high level magic user is going to be more powerful than non spell casters..:-D

Welcome Yavathol and don't worry about your exact class, please tell me what your thinking of in respect to types of spells (damage, control or buff) vs how much you'll rely on your weapon(s). Even a fighter can take a spell list and cast, just not as well as your magus or magician. Have fun thinking of the character you wish to play, and I'll work with you to see you get what your looking for.

Also do you have an Adventure Path Preference? An APP for short - lol

Carrion Crown and Second Darkness both look interesting. Ive also heard good things about Age of Worms.

So I'll put you down for all three, in which order then? And do you wish to keep the Alchemist style character and your quest for the Philosopher's Stone? It will be no problem to throw in clues/spells and such to help you along with constructing one of your own during the adventure.

Yavathol

Explorer
Welcome Yavathol and don't worry about your exact class, please tell me what your thinking of in respect to types of spells (damage, control or buff) vs how much you'll rely on your weapon(s). Even a fighter can take a spell list and cast, just not as well as your magus or magician. Have fun thinking of the character you wish to play, and I'll work with you to see you get what your looking for.

Also do you have an Adventure Path Preference? An APP for short - lol

I think Second Darkness would be my first choice, followed by Curse of the Crimson Throne, thanks:)

Remove ads