(Adventure) eK-1 The Tower of Koltifineous (Creamsteak Judging)

Graf

Explorer
This post is all OoC.
I'm traveling, and that's been giving me some trouble posting. We'll try this again.
This kind of post may be aggravating for some people or against some unspoken rule I'm not familiar with. (I noticed creamsteaks game doesn't have any general kind of ground rules post on it). But I like to say things up front and at the beginning, even if it's obvious or not particularly important.

As I understand it the current PCs are
Dylan Pontius - Bard
Jaan Saaresar - Paladin of Verdant
Tamatea Ariki -Druid
Tristan Agencourt - Fighter
All are male humans.

1. OoC vs. iC
OoC comments will be italicized.
I prefer that tactical conversations occur in character. So anything like "when I open the door, you cast fireball" should be in character. Likewise talk about AoO, overrun actions, taking 10, etc. should be OOC only.

2. Character Freedom
In general in my games I try to be open to people doing interesting or
different things.Obviously in a shared world something might come up where I don't have the final call. In other words, you're more than welcome to suddenly have your character leave and go to a different city, declare yourself the re-incarnation of somebody important, etc.. I'd talk to Uriel about who should help you out in cases like that.

3. Rules Lawyering
If you have an interpretation of the rules which is different from mine you are more than welcome to write a paragraph or so outlining your thinking on the matter. At the minimum please cite a page and paragraph you're drawing your opinion from (the SRD is fine too, just give me a sentence to search for). Also please accept that my ultimate decision is going to have to be the way it is (unless creamsteak or somebody decides on something different as an over-all Living EnWorld thing).

4. Imperfect Information
I strongly prefer to reveal things that only one party member knows directly to that member, instead of the whole group. In addition to being more realistic I feel it encourages more roleplaying and helps people stay in character. It's been a bit of a passion of mine in table top and PbP seems to be well suited to this. So I need some place to send people info
privately. I think Private Messages on the board are the way to go for this.
If you don't have access to that feature then some sort of email will
suffice. (PS Don't post your email on the boards. Send it to me via Private Message, or email).

5. Status Quo vs. Adapted Encounters
There are some status quo encounters in the world.

That's it. Hopefully we'll get things kicked into high gear soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graf

Explorer
The gnome makes slow progress through the streets, trudging head down into the rain. The thing on his shoulder swivels it's prehensile neck about to look at you. You are headed toward the more rural outskirts of the town, in the general direction of Allimon.

ooc; As I understand the layout you are passing by a market outside of the inn. Given Kolty's slow pace picking up an item or two is a possibility.

Creamsteak

Explorer
(I'm curious, will those emails be saved and filed somewhere? Otherwise some of your information would be lost. I'd prefer you use the spoiler tag
like this
for sharing private information. If your not at all comfortable with that, I would prefer you save all emails, and add them at the end of the thread later.)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
After taking time to ensure that Heru is secured and comfortable despite the rain Tamatea follows along behind the gnome. He spends some time watching the strange creature trying to determine whether it is natural being or some product of magic, but as yet can not make up his mind from the available clues.

"So friend gnome" he finally asks "what task do you have in mind for us all?"

Graf

Explorer
Koltifineous stops and looks back at you, "I've, there has been... a small accident in my tower." His voice is soft, and you find yourself straining to pick out the words over the pouring rain. "You will go,..."
He stops and takes a few more shuffling steps forward before pausing and continuing.
"...and make sure the place is safe."
The gnome turns forward and continues to shuffle forward.

we'll zip-squeal ahead once everybody has posted on the thread and people are done picking up stuff from the market.
I'm also trying to not step on peoples toes if they want to roleplay during what will an hour trek out to the area near the tower.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Jaan and group going to the tower.

"Koltifineous. I know little of magic, but is there something you could do to keep us dry as we travel? I did not have the time to do so at the tavern."

Graf

Explorer
The gnome trudges on for a few minutes before turning back to face Jaan. "No. I will erect a shelter when we get close to the tower."

doghead

thotd
Jaan | On the way to the tower.

"Ah. Could you tell me some more about the tower and what happened there? Or, if you wish to wait and tell this to all at one time, how about telling the story of how you came into possession of the tower. A good story helps the time pass."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases