Game system(s): Dungeons and Dragons,
Line: Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated,
Genre: fantasy,

Tue 23 January 2018
Unlisted,
Boxed Set
$16.40 | Buy this product
UPC: 0786966300

This product is not yet ranked. It will be ranked when it has 10 or more reviews.

50% MISS

Rated by 1 readers at 50% who deem this a MISS. Be cautious about purchasing. However, more ratings are needed to be sure.
Read all 1 reviews | Write Your Own

Infinitely expandable and easy to set up, these dungeon tiles allow you to create the adventures you want to play. This box contains 16 durable, double-sided, fully illustrated tile sheets, featuring dungeon rooms, corridors, caverns, tunnels, and other terrain elements that Dungeon Masters can use to build exciting encounters. Use these tiles to make fantastic dungeon maps to enhance your tabletop roleplaying game experience. For use with the Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game.

3 out of 5 rating for Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated: Dungeon

I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson. I have most of the sets of dungeon tiles from 4th edition and I have rarely used them.

It is difficult to put together a dungeon that closely matches the description in your adventure. Also, it takes a lot of time to dig through and place the pieces. You'll want to do it in advance but then you feel you have to railroad the party so you don't waste your effort. Also, if you have multiple locations, you may not have to reuse and reconfigure the pieces, making it hard to prep for unless you have multiple sets.

Overall, I find it easier to use a dry or wet erase battle map.

That said, if you like tilesets, these are good quality. The artwork is very good and the pieces are sturdy and seem durable.

Also, if you have kids, one advantage over tile sets as they can double as a play aid. My kids, 7 and 11 like to build areas with the title sets and play with minis on them. But when they actually run games (I'm raising DMs so I can play sometimes), they also use the battlemap and a wet erase marker instead of using tiles.

If you do like tilesets, the dungeon set will be a must get as one of the most commonly used environments in fantasy RPGs. I like how they give pieces for circular rooms. I think they would be most useful, however, combined with earlier or third-party tile sets. There just are not enough pieces to easily build a wide variety of locations.
    Last edited by MNblockhead; Tuesday, 13th March, 2018 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typos