Future forum plans!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We’ve been looking into migrating EN World off the aged, clunky vbulletin 4 platform into new software for a while now. Faster, more modern, slicker. Currently playing with a Discourse setup. It’s very different!

Nothing is set. Right now, it’s all just playing around and seeing what’s what.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I've noticed that every time I get an unsolicited Microsoft Update to my computer, EnWorld loads slower and slower. Right now, the top tab on the screen doesn't say "EnWorld", it says "Waiting for response".
Hopefully you can upgrade the site faster than Microsoft can tangle it up again. :p

Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If we manage to get it working how we want it, I'll invite people from here to go kick the tires and take a look before we settle on anything.

CapnZapp

Legend
I trust you don't rush headlong into this. I've seen several forums realize (too late) how hugely useful and stable VB4 is, and how bug-ridden and immature the alternatives really are.

I really think you should consider running two sites side by side, with full public access to the new site, in order to fully comprehend the myriad of small things that just *work* now, but things that people will only miss when they're gone. Just so you don't regret a move. Which far too many forums do.

Good

Last edited:

Remove ads