Cool article about Gary Gygax

Satyrn

First Post
From the article:
The report also claims Gygax set up a Liberian holding company to avoid paying taxes and "is known to be a member of the Libertarian Party."
I wonder if Gygax somehow thought the 2 were related.

I was actually surprised by the quality of the article. I expected an article thrown together with half- research and mostly myths.

Though I'm no expert on the subject, it seems relieable except for the one reference to "Virtual Grounds" which is probably a reference to "Fantasy Grounds" virtual table top.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
Of all celebrities, all historic figures, Gygax is the one I mourn the most. I emailed him once and he emailed me back. He said I was welcome to chat with him at the next con.

Well I went and saw him available to sign my books which were in my bag. And at 19, I got nervous, thought I would bother him and chickened out!

Right next to not asking a beautiful woman out, by all accounts who liked me, this is my biggest life regret.

All hail Gygax! He still makes life better!!!!

sydbar

Explorer
I met Gary the year i went to Gencon, and he gave me some good advice on EN World. I am so impressed with the article.

sydbar

Explorer
What was the advice?

I had talked about thinking about leaving a group i was in because i was tired of basically playing only 2E in 2 groups for 16 years. And he asked if i still enjoyed playing with the group and i replied "yes". He then asked if i was still having fun even though i was tired with the system and i replied "yes". So he said if you are enjoying the other players and are still having fun, shouldn't you stay and have fun with your friends and i had to agree. I stayed with the group a couple more years till i couldn't get a reliable ride to the game.

Dennis J Bowker

First Post
I enjoyed this article of the creater of one of the best games I have ever played. For those of us not born into money it was many many hours of entertainment fun and joy for a cheap price. Thank you Gary Gygax for a great game.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
I enjoyed this article of the creater of one of the best games I have ever played. For those of us not born into money it was many many hours of entertainment fun and joy for a cheap price. Thank you Gary Gygax for a great game.

Still shake my head when people grip about the price of books...there is no better value to be had!

Remove ads