New Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just about everywhere from the day Star Wars came out in 1977. I remember all the articles, books, trading cards, comics, games, etc., all describing Chewbacca as a "200 year old Wookiee," though it looks like that is no longer official Disney-era canon. While his Wikipedia entry still includes this, Chewie's entry at https://www.starwars.com/databank/chewbacca does not mention his age.

All that’s non-canon though. Not that it matters, but AFAIK the only canon reference to Chewie’s age is in that trailer.

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
My bad. It was canon until 2014. I did not bother to check the new official source before my posting. I would say the timeframe of Solo probably still tracks pretty close to 10 years BBY.

Hussar

Legend
So, about half way between Clone Wars and A New Hope. Makes sense. Isn't Clone Wars supposed to be about 20 years or so before ANH? Isn't that when the Rebels cartoon is set?

Not that any of this really matters, just curious.

delericho

Legend
So, about half way between Clone Wars and A New Hope. Makes sense. Isn't Clone Wars supposed to be about 20 years or so before ANH? Isn't that when the Rebels cartoon is set?

The Clone Wars cartoon was set between Eps 2 and 3. The Rebels cartoon started 5 years before ANH. Obviously some time has passed in the four seasons the show has run, but I don't think it's clearly stated how much.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
By the end of Season 4, Rebels has gotten pretty close to the events of Rogue One. I would guess about a month or two before RO; six months at the most.

Remove ads