Pathfinder 1E EB's RoleMaster Game: Second Darkness Adventure Path - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
"A bunch of different gets it was," the dwarf says in disgust. "Our only clue is the mention of the Splithog Pauper. Some ninny probably trying to make a name for himself. I've heard of him, but met no one whose every met 'em. I do know his base is somewhere down Splithog Alley."

hero4hire

Explorer
Jerrod put his finger on his chin thoughtfully.
"Yes, I would also like to look at these fakes. Perhaps I could ascertain something of how they made these forgeries."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Larur nods and goes off to retrieve the chips. While he's away Rose pipes up.

Rose_NPC_2.jpg "Splithog Alley is a piss-n-crumpets little neighborhood of crumbling stone tenements and gutter shanties. This will be like finding a bottle of rotgut down a goblin hole." she starts to complain, before quieting up as Larur returns.

"Here," he says handing each of you two chips. "Notice the one is fairly new, scuffed up a bit. Rolled in the dirt, that sort of thing. Its the fake. You can tell by the teeth."

Your handed two almost identical wooden coins at a glance. Each have the letters "GG" carved on one side and painted in a red, the fake coin being more maroon than the other. And on the other side they have a goblin face with large ears and bald head painted in gold. The teeth are different, each has three but the real chip has two teeth facing up and the one on the left facing downward, while the fake has the right tooth being the one inverted.

"Girls are beside themselves for missing it at first," the floor manager says. "Not their fault with ol'Saul changing the chips for the special tournament and all."

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Item Lore is normally to determine magical properties, but will also give you a rough estimate of its origin, time of make, etc.

Jerrod sits down and opens the large tome he seems to always carry in his shoulder satchel. He flips through a few of the pages before he finds the one he is looking for. Holding the coin in one hand he murmurs a short incantation.

OOC: Useful Info:
- the tree used in the construction was white pine
- the paint is oil based
- the item was made about a month and a half ago

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Delving gives you an items purpose, the why as to its construction (possibly its history). This will come in very handy later on in this adventure.

I'm sure Jerrod knows as to why the fake coins were made, no need to double check, lol.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases