Can't change my password.

Kai Grieb

First Post
So I requested a new password because my old one was easily forgotten, but the new one is just a string of numbers. Not much better. I tried to change it, but, when I key in my new password of choice in the change password screen and confirm it, it seems not to get the point of it all, and just spits this back at me:

"The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!"

I'm not trying to put in my old password, machine! That's why I want to change it!

Some help would be appreciated, please.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You have to enter your *current* password to change it. That will be the string of numbers you mentioned, which it was just changed to.

Kai Grieb

First Post
You have to enter your *current* password to change it. That will be the string of numbers you mentioned, which it was just changed to.

Really? Because I put that in, and it got to a screen that said "enter NEW password." and "Confirm NEW password". Weird...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Typically change password screens have three boxes. 1. old password. This is where the string of numbers it gives you would go. 2. new password. That's where the one you want to now create goes. 3. confirm new password. Pretty self-evident.

Kai Grieb

First Post
Typically change password screens have three boxes. 1. old password. This is where the string of numbers it gives you would go. 2. new password. That's where the one you want to now create goes. 3. confirm new password. Pretty self-evident.

What.PNG

Where? There's no third field.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
No idea as I've never tried here. That's just how it's typically done. Typical being the operative word. :) It seems that this site does things differently, so I'll leave it to [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] to help you out further.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]

You don't need to tag me. I've posted in the thread; I'm aware of it.

This is what the screen looks like. I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd be seeing something completely different:

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 16.21.52.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases