DDAL DDAL Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes material?

The Big BZ

Explorer
There was specific DDAL Xanathar's and Volo's material released when those books dropped, has anybody any experience of how far in advance of the release dates that the AL material dropped and how it was distributed? My DDAL group wants to run a Launch Event for MToF and we're hoping/assuming that there will be MToF specific material too. The AL organisers are being quite cagey about releasing info etc but I'm hoping someone might have some insight? Kinda hard to plan a 50/60 person event with no dates etc. Thanks a lot!

(Group is only a few months old so we have no experience with a release as of yet)

neogod22

Explorer
There was specific DDAL Xanathar's and Volo's material released when those books dropped, has anybody any experience of how far in advance of the release dates that the AL material dropped and how it was distributed? My DDAL group wants to run a Launch Event for MToF and we're hoping/assuming that there will be MToF specific material too. The AL organisers are being quite cagey about releasing info etc but I'm hoping someone might have some insight? Kinda hard to plan a 50/60 person event with no dates etc. Thanks a lot!

(Group is only a few months old so we have no experience with a release as of yet)
No, the AL seasons change with the campaigns, not supplements

The Big BZ

Explorer
Thanks for the reply but if you look in the DDAL Content Catalogue you’ll see that there’s a lot of stuff that is completely season agnostic, one of those things is ‘DDIA-VOLO In Volo’s Wake’ which was released with with VGtM, it’s an equivalent of that but for MToF I’m talking about.

darjr

I crit!
There was a release event mod for xanathars and Volos. From the grapevine there may be one for Mordenkainens.

neogod22

Explorer
Thanks for the reply but if you look in the DDAL Content Catalogue you’ll see that there’s a lot of stuff that is completely season agnostic, one of those things is ‘DDIA-VOLO In Volo’s Wake’ which was released with with VGtM, it’s an equivalent of that but for MToF I’m talking about.
There are some one off adventures, and some 3rd party adventures that were released for AL, but they aren't a full season of stuff. They are usually either single adventures or trilogies.

darjr

I crit!
When they initially come out the WPN stores get them first. I don’t know if the AL admins can get them for you but I suspect not. I do know that the email they are sent with insists that each store that runs it must get it via this process, at least until it’s released from other sources.

When the stores I run for get it I’ll probably post about it at ENWorld

The Big BZ

Explorer
When they initially come out the WPN stores get them first. I don’t know if the AL admins can get them for you but I suspect not. I do know that the email they are sent with insists that each store that runs it must get it via this process, at least until it’s released from other sources.

When the stores I run for get it I’ll probably post about it at ENWorld
Great, thanks a lot

Remove ads