Weird Orgy comment on DnD Beyond Home Page Video

I don't know. The first thing that comes to my mind when orgy and D&D are combined is not the sexual stuff, but an orgy of violence or orgy of destruction, which is what the PCs seem to cause with the monsters on a regular basis. lol

happyhermit

Adventurer
Well, she did say "weird" orgy, right? I mean, as long as she implies to the impressionable children watching that orgies are weird, that's OK, isn't it?

I took it not as her saying orgies are weird, rather, you might tell people to keep an open mind when inviting them to a weird one. :p

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
''Parental figure, what's an orgy?''

''Well horrible spawn of my loins, when Mommy and Daddy and Uncle Geoff and Uncle Geoff's on-off girlfriend and our neighbours the O'Rileys and the plumber and Dave from marketing love each other just enough....''

Heh, time to parent up!

jasper

Rotten DM
There are two types of kids.
1) Those who know what an orgy is and will just get that comment and likely squirm
2) Those that don’t where it will go right over their head

Kids hear all kinds of adult stuff and as long as you give them a half assed explanation, they will roll with it and move on.
They’ll ask “what’s an orgy” and a quick parent will shrug, look bored, and reply “a kind of weird party some people are into, where grown ups act silly/ try to kiss as many people as possible”. The kid will likely accept that and move on, not knowing it’s something provocative.
It’s only if the parent freaks out that the kid know’s it’s something interesting.
Hey you the type 1 kids. Please explain to your parents what an orgy is. With Glossy 8 by 10s with circles and arrows. Bonus xp if it is your parents orgy.
:)

Oofta

Legend
Kids are just as likely to hear or note that comment as they are to see this forum post.

Kids hear things just as bad or worse on radio and TV all the time. Either it will go over their heads or you'll have to explain that it's a weird grown-up party that you've never been to. Unless of course you have to explain why their sister looks nothing like daddy. :blush:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
"Keep your mind open, which is probably exactly what you'd say if like, uh, you invited someone to, like, a weird orgy."

I'm more offended by her repeated use of "like."
To be fair, one should try to keep their mind open at even the most humdrum of orgies.

Remove ads