[AU] Vale of Shadows [Full]

dead_radish

Explorer
Relevant part:

There are three ranks of nobility. Twenty-two desgrave have ascended to what we might call a duchal holding—every desgrave rules an independent state and exacts fealty from a number of lesser noblemen. The second rank consists of seventy-six margraves. Twenty-eight margraves possess independent states; the rest owe oaths of fealty either to a desgrave or to another margrave. The lowest rank of nobility is made up of 312 kasgraves. Among this pool of minor nobility and knights, a few maintain independent states, but most maintain estates beholden either to a margrave or a desgrave. The ruler of a state claims the title suzerain.

For Kyr: Margrave Korstel is the margrave for this area - he's known to be fairly power hungry and "upwardly mobile." He's under Desgrave Anan, who has ruled the greater area for quite some time. Apart from that, you know little.

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
I'm thinking that there needs to be a rule on post editing - I'm going to say that any editing within one hour is fine - that's typos, sudden flashes of insight, etc.

After that, it starts affecting what people might have done, or will be thinking, or the like.

Anyone have issues with that?

And in general, I'm planning to update once I have at least one response from everyone, possibly more if warranted.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Did anyone attempt to smuggle items in? And is there anything you'd like to do before entering the prison?

By smuggle do you mean by ourselves or by the agent of the Margrave (i.e. to be found later) ?

If you mean by ourself, I think it's impossible except for very small items ... So I will drop the dagger idea and Rupert will try to hide 1 or 2 lockpicks from his thieves' tools in that classic but not so fun hiding place (if you get my drift ...).

That is if you allow me to change my mind.

dead_radish

Explorer
I did mean personally, yes. And you are free to change that out, I don't mind. We'll see if they get through in a little while. ;)

The key question is did you swallow them, or persue some...other method?

GPEKO

First Post
I'm not sure swallowing them is such a good idea, unless Rupert wants an appendicitis. So I will be inspired by this:
The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any of the slopes were gonna get their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Rupert will try to put it as far as he can (ouch...) just before arriving to the prison and he hopes those prison guards aren't more crafty than the Nippon army ... :eek:

GPEKO

First Post
Ahh come on ... please ?

After all, I went through all the efforts of copying & pasting the quote from IMDB.com ...

:p

dead_radish

Explorer
Rules for critical failures - if you roll a 1 on an attack roll, you have the potential for a critical failure (similar to a critical success) - to "confirm" it, you make a reflex save, DC 10, to test whether it's a normal failure, or a critical. If the save succeeds, you fail. If it fails, you have some sort of critical failure, ranging from hitting the wrong target (as just happened in the IC thread) to dropping your weapon, to a penalty to your next attack - mostly it depends on the action attempted, and will never cause more than a single round of loss of actions. These rules apply equally to everyone, as you saw - the poor Faen rolled a 1, then a 2.

GPEKO

First Post
I will be gone on vacation from tomorrow (the 19) to December 29. I'll have no internet access so feel free to auto-pilot Rupert. He'll just try to get to safety and stay with the others

Remove ads