Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of - Detailed Review from a GM and Player

aramis erak

Legend
Interesting - I haven't played Pendragon since 1st edition first came out and had completely forgotten it was a d100 style game with a d20 resolution system.

I have corrected the original post.

Would you recommend the Star Trek personality rules for porting across? I find the Nature allocations work well enough themselves.

It will mess with the reward cycles, but if one wants some mechanicalization, it's usable.

It's not a direct comparison to Pendragon's; still, it's a decent enough way to approach it. It's really just an expansion of the import of the not-on-the-sheet personality traits in Step 4 (as mentioned in Fortune Points).

Caliburn101

Explorer
It will mess with the reward cycles, but if one wants some mechanicalization, it's usable.

It's not a direct comparison to Pendragon's; still, it's a decent enough way to approach it. It's really just an expansion of the import of the not-on-the-sheet personality traits in Step 4 (as mentioned in Fortune Points).

The Nature of each character is noted on the sheet, but the description isn't. I tell each player to make a note of the gist of it and keep a note of it myself for Fortune Point reward purposes.

Caliburn101

Explorer
Conan won the UKGE 2018 Best Role-Playing Game category and is up for some Ennies 2018 shortly.

A well deserved win, although there was some quality competition - so much good stuff at Games Expo this year.

The games I ran went down a treat, and there was from what I saw quite a lot of interest in the Conan books.

I'd love to hear of anyone else has run it or played in it and has an opinion?

Cheers.

Remove ads