Pathfinder 2E Dragon Speculation

Kaodi

Hero
Pathfinder may not literally have "Dragon" in the name but that does not mean we should expect anything other than the most spectacular conversion of dragons to the new system, right? Do you think we will see dragon stats that are more unified between types than they have in the past? Something that might allow them to include dragons other than the metallic and chromatic in the core? Or will they largely stick to the variable size and advancement for every single dragon type that D&D traditionally has had?

The playtest cover makes it look like they are going to keep the colour coding. But that does not mean it is not time for the idea that red dragons are just baseline larger than white dragons to die, right? This seems like a kind of pointless difference to me that just clutters up the monster pages needlessly. Like, print one set of stat blocks and then just differentiate them by abilities. More bang for your buck to my mind that way.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If I recall correctly, they mentioned that the cover for the playtest book was designed specifically to have Valeros to represent something familiar, the new iconic goblin Alchemist character (I forget his name) to represent something new, and the white dragon to represent something that would be returning with a twist. So, things are looking promising for dragons getting a face lift this edition.

Kaodi

Hero
I wonder when we will get to see the preview of it then. Sometime after they show us all the class stuff? Or sometime soon? I hope it is soon.

Remove ads