A Small Glance at PF2's Equip & Armour - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by shidaku View Post
    I'm sure it's part of PF2's "Make Weapons Great Again" approach. But I agree.
    "Make Weapons Great Again" sounds cool, except, in the context of D&D, for the "Again" - how 'bout "Finally?" ;P

Quote Originally Posted by mach1.9pants View Post
    As long as you're adding the same level-based bonus to both attack rolls and AC (as in D&D 4E, for example), that minor +2 bonus from having a shield will remain relevant and meaningful indefinitely.
    In PF2 you add your level plus proficiency (-2 if not proficient) to both attack and AC, so yes.
    Interestingly, 5e didn't do that, while 4e & 13A did. So, hey, one way PF2 is /not/ turning into 5e. Slightly reassuring.

Sunseeker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Vargas View Post
    "Make Weapons Great Again" sounds cool, except, in the context of D&D, for the "Again" - how 'bout "Finally?" ;P
    I don't mind weapons having special properties, but I think it could probably be simplified down to "one special property per weapon".

The runes remind me of the augment crystals from the Magic Item Compendium for 3.5. I think those crystals attach to a weapon and impart magical abilites. I can't remember if it gave +X or just special abilities like Flaming. Could be both. Been a while since I've read that. But those were some of my favorite things from the book. That flexibility is awesome. Glad to see PF2 doing something similar.
    XP Saelorn gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ssvegeta555 View Post
    The runes remind me of the augment crystals from the Magic Item Compendium for 3.5. I think those crystals attach to a weapon and impart magical abilites. I can't remember if it gave +X or just special abilities like Flaming. Could be both. Been a while since I've read that. But those were some of my favorite things from the book. That flexibility is awesome. Glad to see PF2 doing something similar.
    Lots of things though not straight up plusses iirc.

Check out my bazaars thread for a 5E implementation of these augment crystals (since Port Nyanzaru is described as having an important jewelry market).

</off-topic>

Ps. Would have provided a direct link, but am writing this on mobile.
    XP ssvegeta555 gave XP for this post