D&D 5E PbP games: what works and what doesn't?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm in 1 game, one stalled game and waiting for a game to start in august.

I *might* run a game later this fall. Too busy right now.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm guessing Pathfinder 2 playtest games will pop up in August. I've thought about running one myself.

I want to try the Pathfinder playtest, but I'd rather play than run it. Let me know!

I'm "only" running two games, with another starting soon, and playing in... five? They're all moving fairly slowly at the moment, though. Some of that is my 'fault', some not.

I'm hoping there's a playtest adventure dropped on the same day they playtest drops. I'll announce the playtest adventure and have people create characters while I read the thing and the rules. (Yes, I expect to have time to do all that.) And during the running of the game, everyone is free to "rules lawyer" so we actually play by the new rules.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I’ll do a Pathfinder 2 playtest. Never got into the first iteration.

I've never played Pathfinder, myself.

I'm hoping there's a playtest adventure dropped on the same day they playtest drops.

There will be. I can't quite remember the name of it, but there's an adventure to go along with the playtest.

I'll announce the playtest adventure and have people create characters while I read the thing and the rules. (Yes, I expect to have time to do all that.) And during the running of the game, everyone is free to "rules lawyer" so we actually play by the new rules.

That sounds good. I'd feel bad about threadjacking Ancalagon's thread, but I think he might be interested in joining us...

Kaodi

Hero
I have an adventure I am thinking about converting - originally for PF but with PF2 playtest coming out naturally I think I will give it a go with that system instead. Will probably be level 3 or maybe 4. I will start a real recruitment thread instead of that half assed one I have going on now (though I will definitely use the opening description I wrote there).

EarlyBird

Explorer
Yeah, I didn't remember a map 200+ posts and 3+ months ago. I feel better about that now.[/ooc]

Here is something else about pbp that comes about. In game it has hardly been an hour of time. But in RL players have gone to work for weeks, played other games (for me that is Warhammer 40k), and gone to a couple movies or watched their favorite show for 10+episodes.

I guess forgetting is a thing that can be bad for pbp how do you compensate for that.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases