PF2 Backgrounds coming to PF2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by houser2112 View Post
    This. Skill proficiency is about the only thing that I use to consider what background to take in 5E; flavor is not a consideration for me. I can't believe it needs to be said in the first place, but I'll second "If any element of the game grants any mechanical bonus, it will be used power game.".
    If flavor isn't a consideration, you can simply choose the two skills that you desire, two tools/languages, get some starting equipment and work out a feature with your DM. This doesn't need "power gaming" to any degree.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block houser2112

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Parmandur View Post
    If flavor isn't a consideration, you can simply choose the two skills that you desire, two tools/languages, get some starting equipment and work out a feature with your DM. This doesn't need "power gaming" to any degree.
    I'm a "Rules, not Rulings" guy. I prefer to use the system to achieve what I want, rather than play "Mother May I?" with the DM.
    Laugh Parmandur laughed with this post

Quote Originally Posted by houser2112 View Post
    I'm a "Rules, not Rulings" guy. I prefer to use the system to achieve what I want, rather than play "Mother May I?" with the DM.
    Well, the rules state that directly. You could just choose one of the powers for one of the Backgrounds in the book, pick whichever two skills you want and tolls languages, and it is RAW. There really isn't anything to "power" here, all options are basically equivalent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply