D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

Skarsgard

Explorer
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] are you happy for Slipper and Derek to have had adjoining cells for 6 months as part of our shared background?

I am keeping Slipper very young (16), so a 10 year prison stint isn't going to work.

But say the last 6 months before Derek and Slipper get released?

Leif

Adventurer
Since we already have a wood elf druid now (ahem!) I guess I'll have to pick something else. Do we have a high/wood elf wizard yet?

Skarsgard

Explorer
Name: Karlysle "Slipper"
Race: Male Half Elf
Background: Beloved Urchin
Class: Rogue 5, Thief
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Proficiency Bonus: +3
Inspiration: No
Spent HD: none
Passive Perception: 22
Passive Investigation: 20
Initiative: +4
AC: 16
Speed: 30 ft
Hit Dice: 5d8
HP: 28/28
Strength: 7 (-2)
+Athlethics: +1​
Dexterity: 18 (+4)
Acrobatics: +4
+Sleight of Hand: +7
+Stealth: +10​
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Arcana: +2
History: +2
+Investigation: +5
Nature: +2
Religion: +2​
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
+Animal Handling: +4
+Insight: +4
Medicine: +1
+Perception: +7
+Survival: +4​
Charisma: 8 (-1)
Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1​
+Proficient, !Disadvantage
[sblock="COMBAT"]OFFENSE Initiative: +4
WeaponRangeTo HitDamageNotes
Rapier+71d8+4 (p)Finesse
Dagger+71d4+4 (p)Finesse, Light
Shortbow80/320+71d6+4 (p)Ammunition, Two-handed
Unarmed strike+10 (b)

DEFENSE AC: 16
SAVING THROWS
Strength: -2
+Intelligence: +5
+Dexterity: +7
Wisdom: +1
Constitution: +0
Charisma: -1
[/sblock]
[sblock="FEATURES AND TRAITS"]Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Common, Elvish, Thieves Cant, Gnomish, Dwarven
Armor: Light
Weapons: simple, rapier, hand xbow
Tools: Thieves Tools​
Race: Half Elf​

Speed: 30 feet
Size: Medium
Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light.
Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Background: Beloved Urchin

Home Court Advantage - As on orphaned child in a smaller town, you are looked upon by the local shop keepers with a mixture of pity and frustration. They pretend not to notice when you steel small amounts but will act if you take advantage. Whether you believe it is your own skill that has let you get away is your choice.

Feats: Observant

Class: Rogue
Sneak Attack 3d6
Cunning Action: BA to Dash, Disengage or Hide
Fast Hands: BA to Sleight of Hand, Thieves Tools, Use Object
Second Storey Work: Climbing doesn't cost extra movement and your running jump increases by 4 ft
Uncanny Dodge: Reaction vs to attack from an attacker you can see, 1/2 damage

[/sblock][sblock="EQUIPMENT"]
Studded Leather Armor(AC 16)
Rapier
Daggers x2
Quiver + 20 Arrows
Thieves Tools
Shortbow
Burglars Pack
[/sblock]

[sblock="HISTORY"]
Race: Half Elf
Relationship: None
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 118#
Skin: Fair Eyes: Green Hair: Brown
HISTORY:

Slipper is almost half-wild, but having survived his youth by his wits and ability to 'look after meself' he is finding the people less tolerant of his behaviour as he nears manhood. He has 'acquired' a stash of gear to enable a quick getaway if his welcome is outstayed. His first foray into independence led him to get involved with a group of adventures that required someone "handy" to help them explore ruins that had claimed the life of their last rogue. For six months Slipper helped clear the traps and undead denizens of the ruins.

During this time several of the party members fell but so close to the end goal, the party leader Argus Lothebroke decided that bringing in extra people after "most of the hard work was done" would not be in the parties interest. It was then that Slipper noticed the other members dying in "accidents" or bad "tactical decisions" with alarming regularity and the young rogue knew his time would be come and that the greed of Argus would know no bounds. So one evening he took his share of the loot and fled.

A month later he was on charges for stealing from Argus and the murder of his companions. The young boy was tried and found guilty, despite his assertions as to his innocence. For six months he was locked in a dank cell, his only contact with Derek in the next cell, both of them framed and both with a distinct displeasure to how the law was being enforced (well to be perfectly honest, Slippers grasp of the law is tenuous at best.)

Sure that he was facing the hangman's noose, Slipper worked on his escape from the prison and the day before he was ready to escape he was acquitted of all charges. Apparently a drunken Argus has boasted of his exploits in the presence of members of the city watch and under questioning had confessed to the crimes. Two days later his neck was stretched by the hangman and two weeks later, Slipper was free.

He was surprised to see Derek released on the same day. The man did not look at all like he had pictured, but at a loss at what else to do he asked a simple question. "Do you mind if I tag along with you?"

[/sblock]

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Since we already have a wood elf druid now (ahem!) I guess I'll have to pick something else. Do we have a high/wood elf wizard yet?

Well, I made a high elf diviner in post 59, but since characters haven’t been selected yet (and honestly it’s no big deal to have two of something), I say make whatever you want.

Leif

Adventurer
Well, I made a high elf diviner in post 59, but since characters haven’t been selected yet (and honestly it’s no big deal to have two of something), I say make whatever you want.

Duh, ok. I guess I'm so used to DMs accepting all applications that I just assumed we were all in.

EarlyBird

Explorer
That would be a large group indeed, I may look into it, but no promises yet. Need to look over how I want things to play out. For me this is becoming a combination of a bunch of different adventures I like. So the premise will be to have a starting base (The Keep), and a bunch of locations for the group to choice from to explore as well as side quests from the local people within the keep.

And lets not forget anything the players come up for their characters within their backgrounds. Any goals the group has will be encompassed within all the dungeon crawling and political intrigue.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Player Interest update:

Aurelius Half-Orc Barbarian by Charwoman Gene
unnamed Wood Elf Arcane Archer by KahlessNestor
Rorik Human Eldritch Knight by TallIan
Lorelei Half-Elf Warlock by Li Shenron
Sahrax High Elf Wizard by JustinCase
Erevan Radag Wood Elf Druid by jonathonhawke
Ungar Foehammer Hill Dwarf Cleric by Radaceus
Karlysle "Slipper" Half-Elf Rogue by Skarsgard
Derek Human Paladin by tglassy