D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

Radaceus

Adventurer
I have also a Half elf Bard (spy bg) which I really like but didnt feel synergy wirh what EB is laying down

Ungar concept was originally a druid. Nature Cleric has me intrigued...from a 1E trope, Dwarfs just dont seem to fit...thus the background justifying his domain :)

Radaceus

Adventurer
Ungar HP rolled and character sheet added to the bottom of the original post

I took 'primal savagery' (XGtE) for the bonus druid cantrip, and i'm struggling with whether he will use the warhammer or not, flavor-wise i feel he will most likely use a spear or the cantrip and go 'feral' in combat....

took liberty for a spear, and a couple of hand axes...he is 5th level, but will roll for wealth when /if chosen

EarlyBird

Explorer
Player Interest update and news...

Aurelius Half-Orc Barbarian by Charwoman Gene
unnamed Wood Elf Arcane Archer by KahlessNestor
Rorik Human Eldritch Knight by TallIan
Lorelei Half-Elf Warlock by Li Shenron
Sahrax High Elf Wizard by JustinCase
Erevan Radag Wood Elf Druid by jonathonhawke
Ungar Foehammer Hill Dwarf Cleric by Radaceus
Karlysle "Slipper" Half-Elf Rogue by Skarsgard
Derek Human Paladin by tglassy

Still to finish concepts:
ccs - unknown
Leif - human ranger

So this is super tough to tough for me to do so I will have to say EVERYONE IS IN congrats! I will be taking a page from [MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION] and be splitting everyone up into two groups and sending them off on adventures. Everyone will know everyone else and it will be up to all of you to decide which characters go on which adventure.

Think of the Keep as everyone's homebase. That thread will be RP heavy and where you gear up. Use your downtime days, and receive adventures. Then there will be adventure threads picked out by the group to go on. Most of the adventures I have planned want the group to go back and forth to town and the dungeon so this will be great.

So we just need to work on characters here, and maybe this weekend I will set up an RG.

Any questions.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Bronze Lions.jpg

Little background info.

Company of the Bronze Lions:

Forty years ago two rival adventuring groups joined forces to stop an evil cult from plunging the world into unspeakable darkness. After a harrowing battle with undead hordes, a trip through a trap-laden dungeon, they managed to defeat the cult and its master, a demon from the depths of the Abyss.

During the celebratory feast that same night the Company of the Bronze Lions was formed. The two groups becoming a band of "heroes for hire" and their symbols (a stylized bronze pin or brooch each member wears proudly) came known throughout the land. They built a main chapter house in Waterdeep and smaller ones as far north as Luskan, and as far south as Baldur's Gate. The success of the Company and their good works brought a sort of peace to the Sword Coast for a number of years.

But the Company grew to big. To big to maintain, and to big to not attract unwanted attention.

The fall of the Company is a longer story than one that can be told here. Needless to say the Company is now only a small troupe still wishing to do good work in the world. That wish has brought them to Kendall Keep, or as it is known to the locals

"The Keep on the Borderlands"

Everyone has joined the Bronze Lions sometime during their adventuring career.

Radaceus

Adventurer
on an aside,
I have a mega dungeon project where the players start solo (I wanted to give the sense of 0 level /background development), and then (possibly) meet up.

is that a possibility in this campaign? i.e., we could have a 'Superhero Team-up Crossover' episode?

:)

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Was working on starting gear and have this whole ideal of a large group stash that you would need to deal out before we started. But to make things a bit easier, I think it may be best just to use the DMG guidelines.

So get your characters up to 5th lvl and each has his starting gear and can spend up to 500gp on other gear/magic. We will use the Buying Magical Items in XGtE (saying the player only has 1 workweek to work with).

Skarsgard

Explorer
Thanks for running this EB, and to run such a big group; well I tip my hat to you!

edit: Since everyone knows everyone, I will start by giving you a few dot points on my character.

1. He likes being called Slipper
2. Prefers to sit back from the combat and lend fire support.
3. He is chaotic but Good (doesn't steal from friends or those who cannot afford to lose a bit)
4. He is happy to scout ahead, on his own or in a team
5. Will prefer to be on a team with Derek

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
I already have plans for hints and clues to converge each group at the major dungeon. And after completing an adventure the groups may swap out should they all be "in town" together. We shall work on all of it, but the concept is looking fun so far.

Remove ads