Charging spells and combat

So I have a spell it creates chains around a person and uses the secret of metal
    If I wanted to apply that against an enemy I can think of 4 ways
    1. against an unaware person/sleeping it would be an automatic success because they aren't resisting
    2. by casting the spell against them a standard MAG vs DEF check
    3. by charging the spell into an object like an arrow or sword and then hitting them with that object
    4. charging it to a doorframe and when they walk through it the chains appear around them and unless they are expecting the trap it succeeds if not a MAG vs DEF
    In case number 3 do 2 attribute checks have to be made? both ATK vs DEF and then MAG vs DEF?
    Does this apply to every charged spell unless they aren't resisting?

Attacks aren’t automatic successes against unaware targets, only helpless ones. If the target is not willing, an attack roll is required in all four cases.

and for charged spells that's an extra check to activate the spell effects?