[OOC] [AU] Stone Bones - Recruiting Replacement Player!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'm willing to run another AU game, because I'm crazy like that. :cool:

I'll take six people, preference to people signed up on the AU recruitment thread first, though if anyone brand new is dying to play AU (and has the book), then you'll probably get a spot.

Level 5, 32 point buy for stats, 4,500 gp starting gold. No more than 75% of your starting gold on any one item. The other 4,500 gp (as the normal starting wealth for a 5th level character is 9,000 gp) I will be rolling up as random (or not-so-random) treasure and giving to each person. You may pick items from the DMG, Magic of Faerun, any of the splatbooks (Sword and Fist, etc), Bastion Press' Arms and Armor or Alchemy and Herbalism, Dark Nebula's Materia Magica, Dragon magazine from #277-#312, Races of Faerun, Silver Marches (and Silver Marches web enhancement), Unapproachable East, Malhavoc Press' Book of Eldritch Might I, II, or III and When the Sky Falls, Diamond Throne, and any items from DiamondThrone.com, all pending DM approval for price, balance, and flavor.

Please indicate what books of these you specifically own or have easy access to so I don't pull an item out of them for you that you can't look up.

While your characters don't have to know each other (though that would be a bonus), I would like everyone to have in their character backgrounds some important experience (good or bad) involving being underground. Character backgrounds, personality, and appearance in your characters sheets are a must. :)

Current Cast of Characters:

dead_radish - Kelthet, Male Human Iron Witch 5
Erekose13 - Phaern Starstrike, Male Spryte Magister 5
Jaws - Wil Restat, Male Human Runethane 5.
rangerjohn - Atlas, Male Giant Giant 3/Champion of Life 2
Rybaer - Leesea Elmsbreath, Female Spryte Akashic 5
Ashy - Darthallys the Razor Tongued, Male Sibeccai Mageblade 5
manifold - Indacalis the Rock, Male Sibeccai Greenbond 5

Inactive Players
Corinthi - formerly Darthallys
Hardhead - formerly Indacalis

Rogue's Gallery
In Character Thread

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Seeing as how I am what you might call an addict, I'm more than willing to join up. However, I'll stand aside and wait to see if other people step up.

if I do play, I'd like to work on either a melee witch (I still don't think it can be done) or a Sibeccai Wolverine Totem with Sibeccai levels.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
dead_radish - for a melee witch, have you considered an iron witch with the blade manifestation? A mojh or giant iron witch would be pretty nasy.

dead_radish

Explorer
That seems like the most logical path - the blade is handy, and the iron armor is good too. But the main question I come up against is "is the iron blade enough to compensate for d6 hp, and loss of feats?" The few spells a witch get don't seem to be able to compensate for the witch's lack of hp and armor proficiency, feats, etc. Definately something to look into, though.

Erekose13

Explorer
I too would love to jump into another game, but like dead_radish I am already in a couple. So put me down for a backup spot if you dont fill up with new players. As far as race class I would go with a Quickling Unfettered I think. Havent tried any of the combat classes yet.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ya know, for a switch, because I think all the current AU games are 1st level, would anyone object if I started us at oh, say 4th? Or would everyone prefer 1st?

Erekose13

Explorer
I personally would love to start at higher level. There is one particular character that I have wanted to try but he would be squished until he reached atleast 3rd - the Sprtye combat Magister!

dead_radish

Explorer
I'd be more than up for that - a 4th lvl witch is nearly up for a 2nd manifestation, and a 4th level Totem/Sibeccai would be cool too. My normal campaign is only 3rd lvl right now....

dead_radish

Explorer
Okay. Then I'm definately going with the Melee witch idea. 5th level is both the blade and armor manifestations, which is what I think the witch really needs. Plus you get a few 2nd lvl spells, which I've yet to touch. ;) So, what are your thoughts on enchanting witchblades? I've come down in favor of allowing it with the use of a feat (basically hands as weapons for manifestations).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases