Catwoman Movie (threads merged)

Klaus

First Post
Catwoman description... Lord help me!

Warner Bros. hasn't learn a thing with Marvel's recent successes, have they?

Here's the description of the new "catwoman" movie:

----
Benjamin Bratt will play Halle Berry's love interest in Catwoman, the Warner Bros. adaptation of the DC Comics character. The film begins shooting September 29 with French director Pitof at the helm.

The movie, set in Lake City, is the story of Patience Price (Berry), a veterinary scientist who takes on the identity of Catwoman in her fight against the evil plots of the cosmetics company for which she works. The firm is a front for the criminal exploits of the husband and wife team that run it.

Bratt will play Detective Tom Lone, who falls in love with Price. Also on board are Sharon Stone as Laurel, the villainous cosmetics magnate, and French actor Lambert Wilson (The Matrix Reloaded) as Georges, her evil husband.
----

"...[WB's] adaptation of the DC Comics character"? I don't think so...

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
It stopped being the DC Catwoman as soon as Halle Berry was cast, IMHO. This looks like utter dreck right now. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, but I doubt it.

We've had a perfect film Catwoman in Batman Returns. This version - blech.

Dirigible

Explorer
Hmmmm....
Nope.

I don't remember catwoman being black.
Or a hero.

'evil cosmetics company'? Oh my.

Lambert Wilson (The Matrix Reloaded) as Georges
Was that the Merovingian? I loved that guy.

Mabye what Warner should ahve learned is that DC comics should be put down, avoided, and NEVER MADE INTO MOVIES AGAIN.

Henry

Autoexreginated
:eek:

Good Lord. Now Catwoman plays Halle Berry. And fighting a COSMETICS COMPANY??? That's a very inane plotline, and choice of actress for the role, IMHO.

What's next? The Martian Manhunter takes on a fast-food franchise for Flame-Broiling Cows?

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Klaus said:
The movie, set in Lake City, is the story of Patience Price (Berry), a veterinary scientist who takes on the identity of Catwoman in her fight against the evil plots of the cosmetics company for which she works. The firm is a front for the criminal exploits of the husband and wife team that run it.

And just think about this for a moment... I don't know what's worse:

1. someone actually got paid for coming up with this,

or

2. someone actually liked this and thought this would make a good movie and paid for this idea.

Either way money exchanged hands. :(

Hopefully the movie will turn out better then it sounds

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Oh well, just goes to show that they don't have a clue. :)

Did you see the story about Tom Cruise and the Battle of Brittan, complete re-write of history!

aliensex

First Post
I'm sorry. Halle Berry is hot and all, but after seeing XMen, the ONLY woman that can play Catwoman now is.... Rebecca Romijn-Stamos!!! :eek: :cool:

Man, I want to see that body in tight latex... GRRRRR baby GRRRRRR!!!!

P.S. She should also be kicking Batman's ass, not battling Powderpuff woman :D

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
aliensex said:
I'm sorry. Halle Berry is hot and all, but after seeing XMen, the ONLY woman that can play Catwoman now is.... Rebecca Romijn-Stamos!!! :eek: :cool:

Man, I want to see that body in tight latex... GRRRRR baby GRRRRRR!!!!
Down boy, down...damn the pictures in my mind...tight latex, Rebecca...grrrrrr :)

Dirigible said:
I don't remember catwoman being black.

Wasn't one of the Catwomen from the 60s show (I think two or three actresses played Catwoman during the show) black? Urma Kitt, or something like that? Sexy voice, even now...

Dirigible said:
Or a hero.

I liked the episode of Batman: The Animated Series (right before Batman Beyond) where Catwoman and Batgirl teamed up. Catwoman is about to push a badguy off the roof/catwalk/somewhere, and Batgirl says not to stoop to their level. "Grow up," says Catwoman, as she pushes the guy off. :) Hero, definitely not. Pragmatist is more like it...

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Klaus said:
Warner Bros. hasn't learn a thing with Marvel's recent successes, have they?
Apparently not. I'm certainly not 'up' on how either Marvel or DC conducts that part of their business, but a few things occur to me.

Marvel if anyone remembers, also had a string of terrible adaptations. The Captain America TV movies, the first Punisher movie, etc.. Marvel, in an attempt to get cash, licensed themselves to hell and back. THis resulted in cheap studios buying rights then making bad movies that negatively impacted perception of Marvel as a good property to use. I seem to remember they spent a lot of time and money tracking down as many of those agreements as they could and buying them out, nullifying them, whatever, so they could then be pickier about who made a movie based on a Marvel property. I'm not sure when they formed Marvel Studios.

Also, it seems Avi Arad has a major impact on their success. CEO of Marvel Studios, he seems to have the golden touch right now.

From IGN:

Under Arad's leadership, Marvel Studios has been, in many ways, responsible for turning around the "Marvel curse" that plagued most of the film and TV adaptations of their characters throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Of course, it helped immensely that Marvel stopped whoring out their best properties to the lowest bidders as they'd done throughout the 1980s (Cannon Films, anyone?) and pushed for established filmmakers that treated Marvel's source material with respect and intelligence.

This kind of leadership, having an arm that oversees your properties and makes sure that someone can't do a 'Batman and Robin' to you, or Roger Corman doesn't get near you, seems to be the key. Batman 5 might, might, be the thing that gives Warner the clue if they get it right. On the other hand, Warner seems almost embarrassed that they have a comic book division since they seem to like giving projects to people that will 're-imagine' their properties (see the recent buzz about the new Flash incarnation, which basically turns a costumeless Wally West into Sam Beckett).

Remove ads