Unconventional Parties

Technik4

First Post
I'm thinking of ideas for the upcoming Temple of Elemental Evil CRPG and I want a party that doesnt have anything remotely "iconic" to it. I do want all the roles filled meaning:

1 person who can do locks/traps/search
1 person who can do arcane magic
1 person who can do divine magic
1 person who can tank

The game only goes to level 10, which should be taken into account. If you don't have any particular advice, how about naming some unconventional parties (or just a character) you've played/played with.

So far:

1 Dwarf Rogue (Wulf :p)
1 Gnome Fighter/Barbarian
1 Half-orc bard or sorceror

But none of that is even set in stone. Anything humans do seems "iconic", they are the do-anything race and I'm suffering from the same problem with elves and half-elves. I wouldnt mind more of what I've got, or something more unconventional so let the replies begin!

Technik

Crothian

First Post
I had a very unconventional group that had two humans (bard and monk) and two half orcs (barbarian and druid). We found that it worked for a well balanced group.

Technik4

First Post
Some other things Im debating:

Dwarf Wizard
Dwarf Sorceror

Elf Fighter
Elf Barbarian

Gnome Monk
Gnome Cleric

Halfling Mnk/Drd
Halfling Brb

Half-Orc Anything besides Barbarian or Fighter

Any good mixes and matches, esp 10-level builds?

Technik

Technik4

First Post
Ideas

Parties of 5

Off-Kilter

Gnome Rgr10
Elven Ftr10
Dwarven Rog10
Halfling Sor10
Half-Orc Clr10

Half Magical Heroes

LG Half-Orc Pal10
NG Human Brd10
CG Halfling Rog1/Ftr4/Clr5
LG Half-Elven Rgr5/Clr5
TN Elven Sor4/Wiz6

Orcish Thieves

NE Half-Orc Rog5/Ftr5 - Brawler, Perception
CN Half-Orc Rog5/Brb5 - Brawler, Sneak
LE Half-Orc Rog5/Rgr5 - Archer, Traps
CE Half-Orc Rog1/Wiz9 - Mage, Sneak
CN Half-Orc Drd10 - Healer

Wilderness Warriors

NG Human Rgr10
CG Human Brb10
TN Human Drd10
CN Elven Brb1/Rog9
CG Gnome Clr1/Wiz9

We Aren't Pecks

LG Dwarf Pal6/Ftr4
NG Gnome Rog6/Sor4
CG Halfling Rog1/Clr9
LG Dwarf Mnk10
CN Gnome Brd10

Monkeying Around

LN Half-Elf Mnk6/Pal4
LN Human Mnk7/Rog3
LN Elven Mnk1/Wiz9
LN Half-Orc Mnk10
LN Dwarf Mnk3/Clr7

Technik

Last edited:

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Unconventional parties huh?

Elf wizard Rog 1/Wizard 9 max search and disable device cross-class. He's your traps man.

Halfling Paladin 10 He's your tank. Give him a small bastard sword, small heavy shield, and mithral fullplate (if you can get it) and he can keep his AC pretty high. With a low strength, he won't crank out the damage but you've others for that.

Half-orc Cleric 10 Healer and backup tank. If you want more hitting power, give him a level of barbarian and he'll really be able to step up to the plate.

Well, that's all the roles you wanted filled and we've got two more characters to go:

Halfling Pal/Rogue. The other paladin's brother or sister. Just as dedicated to smiting evil but tends to do so from the back with a dagger instead of from the front. Has enough ranks in disable device to assist the rogue/wizard but not enough to do it himself.

Human Bard: Backup tank. Backup arcanist. Backup Healer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases