D&D 5E New "Idle Champions of the Realms" Event is "The Great Modron March" and is Set in Waterdeep

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, it looks like the next video game tie-in from "Idle Champions of the Realms" involves the Modrons marching on Waterdeep. The September "Broadway" book and the Stream of Many Eyes" is probably related to this, is my wager:

"Several times each century the clockwork plane of Mechanus mobilizes a vast wave of modrons and sends them on a tour of the cosmos. Known as The Great Modron March, this unstoppable tide of lawful constructs journeys across the material plane on the exact same route each time. However, this time something has changed — the modrons are marching on Waterdeep."

"The Great Modron March starts today on Steam and Tablet for Android, runs until Monday, June 4th at 12:00pm PDT, and introduces Evelyn Marthain, the Human Paladin of Lythander!"

http://codenameentertainment.com/?page=idle_champions&post_id=706#blog

Well, that is interesting, to say the least. I'm trying to figure out how the Great Modron March can fit into "The Da Vinci Code meets The Gangs of New York" however. Perhaps in the Da Vinci Code part, as adventurers need to find some secret hidden knowledge before the Modrons (and whoever diverted them) do?

I'm guessing this will also tie into the November release - since indications seem to point to it being an adventure, will it follow the Great Modron March around the Outer Planes, tying into the Waterdeep adventure? They did say they weren't planning to do any more two-part adventures, but a higher-level adventure in the planes (that also doubles as a setting book) seems like a good follow-up for MtoF (and might explain why some creatures were held back)...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, that is interesting, to say the least. I'm trying to figure out how the Great Modron March can fit into "The Da Vinci Code meets The Gangs of New York" however. Perhaps in the Da Vinci Code part, as adventurers need to find some secret hidden knowledge before the Modrons (and whoever diverted them) do?

I'm guessing this will also tie into the November release - since indications seem to point to it being an adventure, will it follow the Great Modron March around the Outer Planes, tying into the Waterdeep adventure? They did say they weren't planning to do any more two-part adventures, but a higher-level adventure in the planes (that also doubles as a setting book) seems like a good follow-up for MtoF (and might explain why some creatures were held back)...
Well, WotC has hinted that there is a McGuffin item in the next plot, theorized by [MENTION=6871736]jeremypowell[/MENTION] to be "The Eye of the Beholder." Maybe this keys into the Great Modron March events, and the PCs need to solve the mystery and work the various warring factions to save the city?

I remember in the Great Modron Match Module for Planescape there was as short detour into Undermountain because the Modrons used that for a shortcut.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
So much for the hopes of a plot where the heroes *don't* have to save the world...

One day I'll have my adventure where my players have to manage farmlands and build mills...one day!

As for the adventure itself, my bet is on a new take on the Great Modron March. The event is called Stream of Many Eyes; you know what look like a ''stream of many eyes''? An infinite march of modrons pouring out of the Yawning Portal to look for a mystical item.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So much for the hopes of a plot where the heroes *don't* have to save the world...
Any adventure that passes Tier 2 and goes into third Tier play will be World-shaking, by definition. ToA, SKT and most especially CoS didn't involve "saving the world," however, being primarily Tier 2 focused.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
zkTnMXd.jpg

Yep, looks like a stream of many eyes to me.

Remove ads