5E Monster Mayhem: A Little Too Familiar (IC) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    "Hmm, sounds like quite the situation there. I was raised around animals, I'd be glad to help you round some up. Just one question, do we have any nets? If not let's buy some, it could make all the difference."

    Trevor spies around seeing if there is a likely shop nearby.

    OOC: Just trying to justify the 5 nets on my character sheet.
    Laugh EarlyBird laughed with this post

  2. #12
    "Baboon?" Gob asks scratching his head. "Sounds like a right awful get."

    He shrugs, "I had nothin' better to do. Chase'n your chickens about sounds like a fun way to spend the day." A mischievous gleam settles in the halfling's eye.

    OOC: Gob is in.

  3. #13
    Quantum Chronomancer SILVER DEFENDER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hbarsquared's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    EberronI Defended The Walls!

    ø Block hbarsquared


    ø Friend+
    “Pardon me, Wendel,” Janus apologizes, resting a hand on Wendel’s shoulder to help steady him.

    Janus frowns as he listens to Wendel’s predicament. “In whose care was this baboon? Yours? Wendel, you know better than to take your eye off your charge.”

    He sighs, grasping Wendel’s shoulder with a small smile. “Of course, escaped and roaming animals won’t do. I’m happy to help restore order, though your life savings seems a bit extreme.”

    He listens to Wendel’s responses to Olliver and Trevor and briefly considers outfitting in his armor, but he decides against it. It’s not worth the time, and what is it to wrangle a few animals?

    “Wendel, lead the way!” Janus says, “Let’s take care of this.”


    OOC: I’m updating his current stats sans armor. He’s going in not expecting a full combat encounter: so no chain mail, no greatsword. With that said, he does have a dagger on him.

    Janus will accompany Wendell directly back. If he arrives before other PCs, he will gauge the circumstances before attempting to wade into the foray. He will wait for the rest, especially if he knows they are on their way.

  4. #14
    Quantum Chronomancer SILVER DEFENDER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hbarsquared's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    EberronI Defended The Walls!

    ø Block hbarsquared


    ø Friend+
    Wendel’s eyes widen at the offers for help. “Oh, thankyouthankyou” he effuses, nervously pulling at a thin handlebar moustache. “We must hurry. I managed to keep the tower door locked, and I’m sure Barry won’t be able to unlock that door. But Master Prin will arrive home in a matter of hours!”

    Wendel turns to Olliver. “How many? Why, thirteen, of course! All common animals, nothing dangerous. Well, except for the snake, of course. Maybe the spider, but I certainly never had a problem with her. I’m not sure about the toad, though...” Wendel’s voice trails off, stammering.

    Wendel jerks around in response to Trevor. “Nets? Of course! We’re nothing if not prepared for contingencies! The bat did manage to tangle one up a bit, though. And the octopus somehow managed to completely unravel the other...” Wendel’s voice trails off again. “But there are plenty qt the tower!”

    “Comecomecome,” Wendel exclaims, waving them on.

    OOC: Grab whatever else you need, and assuming you either accompany Wendel or meet up later, everyone ends up at the tower.

    You approach the Sunken Tower at mid-day, with a blazing sun in a cloudless sky. No one in Valen’s Rest knows who built the old tower, or what caused it to collapse in on itself and sink into the ground. What used to be the top floor of the tower is all that remains, and Prin has resided here for thirty years as the town’s local wizard.

    Wendel leads you up a tended walkway lined with all manner of flowering plants, aromatic herbs, and no small number of oozing funguses and thorny brambles. The front door remains firmly closed.

    OOC: Perception checks. Please use the forum dice roller.
    XP Kiraya_TiDrekan gave XP for this post

  5. #15
    OOC: Perception (1d20+2)[22] - RG?


    The walk was a long one for he short legged Gob. Although he didn't complain he did take and find a spot to 'plop' down in as soon as he reached the base of the tower. "No good bein' tired before we go in. Maybe we can stop for a bite to eat, before chasing Wendel's escaped animals."

    Combat

    AC: 15 (dex, wis)
    HP: 09/09 HD: 1/1 (1d8+1)
    Speed: 25'
    Saves: STR +2, DEX +5, CON +1, INT -1, WIS +2, CHA +1
    Features: none
    Special Defenses: none

    Combat:
    MELEE: unarmed strike +5, 1d4+3 bludgeoning
    RANGE: sling +5, 1d4+3 bludgeoning, ammunition (30/120)

    Consumables:
    torches 10/10
    rations 10/10
    darts 10/10

  6. #16
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,927
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Block JustinCase


    ø Friend+
    "Always hungry, eh, Gob?" Olliver says to his fellow halfling with a smile. "I'm sure our friend Wendel doesn't mind sharing some of his lunch with us, which I assume is still inside the tower. Right, Wendel?"

    Winking at Gob, Olliver turns to the gnome, beaming with friendliness. For the others it may appear that Olliver focuses on Wendel a lot more than on the tower.

    OOC: Perception: (1d20)[13]

  7. #17


    Trevor gladly takes a brief rest to nom on some rations.

  8. #18
    Dangar begins absent mindedly chew a price of dry rations and awaits the rest of the group to get started.

    Perception Check=11
    http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=208388

  9. #19
    Quantum Chronomancer SILVER DEFENDER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hbarsquared's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    EberronI Defended The Walls!

    ø Block hbarsquared


    ø Friend+
    Wendel takes a deep breath and wrings his hands as the group pulls out some snacks and prepares to enter the tower. Janus arrives late, jogging up the path, looking distracted.

    “I’ve been studying thirteen creatures in my personal quarters,” Wendel says, “all of them released by Barry not quite two hours ago.” He begins ticking them off on his fingers. “A cat, a weasel, and a rat that get on each other’s nerves and must stay separated at all times. In one corner of the room I have a bat, a hawk, an owl, and a raven in their own cages. The octopus and crab each have their own aquarium, with locked lids. Finally, I keep a toad, a lizard, a snake, and spider in separate terrariums.”

    While eating, a thump and a crash comes from within the tower. Wendel noticeably cringes and looks at everyone expectantly. When everyone is ready, he approaches the door and gestures over the doorknob, releasing an arcane lock.

    “I’m afraid it might be quite the mess inside. I don’t know what the creatures have been up to. They’ve taken over the whole tower, by now, I’m sure. Please capture them, but don’t harm any. Prim will likely return by sundown.”

    Before entering, Gob and Trevor both notice a spotted brown owl and a jet black raven perched side by side on a branch in a nearby copse, staring at the group intently.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Mayhem: A Little Too Familiar (OOC)
    By Kiraya_TiDrekan in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Today, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •