D&D 5E MTOF: Elves are gender-swapping reincarnates and I am on board with it

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Didn't WotC announce in the recent Drow lore "update" that Lloth can bless men into women?
No, the Drow are children of Corellion, and as such some Drow have this Blessing. This makes them Anathema to the Llolth worshippers, so Drow with Blessing are offered as a good PC "Drow on the surface" hook for players.

S

Sunseeker

No, the Drow are children of Corellion, and as such some Drow have this Blessing. This makes them Anathema to the Llolth worshippers, so Drow with Blessing are offered as a good PC "Drow on the surface" hook for players.

That is...not what I recall.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
re: halflings
When I found the 3e supplement that described Yondalla's "dark side" as protector of halflings, I immediately could see this scene:

Halfling cleric-ess (in shrine-wagon) "Great Yondalla, why are there 6 people of Might and Dark Deeds outside our camp saying you sent them to scout ahead of us and asking where we are going?"

Last edited:

Riley37

First Post
I don’t think most Orcs would choose to be female: the metabolic costs, the increased vulnerability... that wouldn’t sit well with their mindset, as typically depicted.

Perhaps the depiction of the Orcish mindset, all the way from the 1E Monster Manual, to 5e, is actually a depiction of the *masculine* Orcish mindset, presented as that were the default, the norm, and the only side of the story. Perhaps there's also a feminine Orcish mindset, and neither TSR nor WotC have written about that mindset.

For decades, many Chinese fathers chose to drown baby girls, prioritizing sons. I guess they gambled on someone *else* having daughters, who would someday bear their grandchildren. How well is that working out now?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Oh terrific, you just had to being Drizzt into this. :p

More seriously...
With a few thousand years to behave like, well, clerics of a CE goddess, some Llolth worshippers could decide to exterminate the Blessing of Corellon drow. Just to get rid of potential competitors (maybe they felt provoked by an 'interloper'). Or perhaps it was Llolth's idea and all her clerics began hatching suitable plots. "We know it will specially please Llolth if this one is sacrificed."

Perhaps the depiction of the Orcish mindset, all the way from the 1E Monster Manual, to 5e, is actually a depiction of the *masculine* Orcish mindset, presented as that were the default, the norm, and the only side of the story. Perhaps there's also a feminine Orcish mindset, and neither TSR nor WotC have written about that mindset.
If they're hermaproditic, does it really make sense for there to be two distinct gendered mindsets? Seems sort of like an imposition to me.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If they're hermaproditic, does it really make sense for there to be two distinct gendered mindsets? Seems sort of like an imposition to me.

There could definitely be sexually divergent subcultures within the hermaphrodititic orcs. Different roles, different priorities.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases