D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Good point. I think I mentioned somewhere that the slope is a 20' incline, so he'd need a 20' teleport to get to the bottom. Of course, he could teleport halfway down, but he'd need to make an acrobatics check to not fall on his butt on the slide down...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well first, there isn’t anywhere to go except down the slope. Second, Primus will teleport 10 ft back as a reaction if he gets hit, increasing his AC by 4. Meant to say that in the post.

Hey, just looked it up and it looks like Nomads at lvl 6 always add 10 ft to their teleports, so if an attack would hit him, he’ll teleport to the bottom of the slope as a reaction.

Sounds like a solid plan!

... I miss [MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION] , would be nice to have him on the front line...

tglassy

Adventurer
His 6th lvl Class ability apparently adds 10 ft to any teleport he does, and the Defensive Step is normally 10 ft, so he can teleport 20 ft with his Defensive Step. Just enough to get him to the bottom of the ramp.

I really can’t wait to see what they change in the next version. It’s no longer a “Mystic”, and is going back to being a “Psion”, and they’re making it much more focused on one thing or another, instead of being this jack of all trades. So Primus will likely be nerfed if/when that happens, but since he’s kind of my playtest character, I don’t mind so much. No clue when that will be released, but still.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
His 6th lvl Class ability apparently adds 10 ft to any teleport he does, and the Defensive Step is normally 10 ft, so he can teleport 20 ft with his Defensive Step. Just enough to get him to the bottom of the ramp.

I really can’t wait to see what they change in the next version. It’s no longer a “Mystic”, and is going back to being a “Psion”, and they’re making it much more focused on one thing or another, instead of being this jack of all trades. So Primus will likely be nerfed if/when that happens, but since he’s kind of my playtest character, I don’t mind so much. No clue when that will be released, but still.

Hopefully it will be released after you teleport to safety ;)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
He probably needs a bit of nerfing. The Mystic was far FAR to good at everything. They should probably make a few Psionic subclasses of some of the other classes, rather than to try to make the Psion do everything a Psionicist should be able to do. Still, I hope they find an identity that doesn't just feel like a Wizard with his spells using points. (I'm 100% sure that they will keep the Points. That was always the main identity of Psionics, back in the day.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION]. I'll move your web over to the left one or two squares from where you show it. It needs some walls to attach to, or it collapses to the floor. As you can see on your map, it won't reach anything right there (other than the Kobolds themselves!)

Fradak

Explorer
Yup ok. For me the upper right corner was touching the wall but no problem. And I don't know about the ceiling. If it's at 20ft, then the floor and the ceiling are 2 anchors. But the point was to reach the 2 walls to block the kobolds.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
From what I can see that’s their plan. Psion will have Nomad, Shaper, and Telepath and the like, but Psychic Warrior is a Fighter archetype, Soul Knife is more of a Monk, etc.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Yup ok. For me the upper right corner was touching the wall but no problem. And I don't know about the ceiling. If it's at 20ft, then the floor and the ceiling are 2 anchors. But the point was to reach the 2 walls to block the kobolds.
That web is exactly what we needed imo.

In general, 2nd level spells feel better in 5e...

Edit: Web has always been good, but in general there has been an improvement.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases