D&D 5E (RG) Rise of the Dracolich: Imani's Tower

FitzTheRuke

Legend
RISE OF THE DRACOLICH (IC)
RISE OF THE DRACOLICH (OOC)

Imani, Sage of Hap

ImaniTower.png

Imani was once an adventurer in the famed Company of the Sunlit Sea. Semi-retired to the Village of Hap in Battledale, Imani now inspires others to seek adventure and to protect the Realms from evil and chaos. Aspiring heroes often gather at his Tower in Hap, seeking his council on how best to pursue their varied and disparate goals.

OOC: Feel free to start Uploading Characters for Rise of the Dracolich here.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Zander.jpg

[sblock=Zander]Race: Human
Class/Level: Fighter 8
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (human)
Init: +2
Speed: 30ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 10
Languages Common, Gnome
Background: Criminal(Enforcer)
Ispiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 16(+3), Dex 14(+2), Con 14(+2), Int 09(-1), Wis 10(+0), Cha 12(+1)

AC: 19 (breastplate, dex, shield, fighting style)
HP: 84 (8d10 +36), HD: 1d10+2
Prof. Bonus +3
Proficiencies: All armors and shields, all simple and martial weapons
Tools: Thieves' Tools, Dragonchess
Feats: Tough, Keen Mind, Sentinel, Shield Master
Saves: STR +6, CON +5
Special Defenses: none

Skills:
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+0 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+6 (str) Athletics*
+4 (cha) Deception*
+2 (int) History*
+3 (wis) Insight*
+1 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+0 (wis) Perception
+1 (cha) Performance
+1 (cha) Persuasion
-1 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+5 (dex) Stealth*
+0 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
+1 STR, +1 CON
Speed: 30 feet
Bonus Skill: Player's choice
Bonus Feat: Player's choice
Languages: Common, plus one

Criminal:
Skills: Deception and Stealth
Tools: Thieves' Tools, and 1 gaming set of player's choice
Feature: Contact: The Badger

Fighter:
- Fighting Style: Defense - While wearing armor. you gain a +1 bonus to AC
- Second Wind: (1d10+8) - 1/short or long rest, bonus action
- Action Surge: 1 per short/long rest
- Martial Archtype: Champion
-Improved Critical, score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20
-Remarkable Athlete
- Ability Score Improvement: took optional feats
- Extra Attacks

Equipment
-adamantine breastplate
-shield
-longsword
-handaxes(2)
-javelins(3)
-dungeoneer's pack
-backpack
-crowbars(2)
-hammer
-pitons (10)
-torches(10)
-rations(10)
-tinderbox
-waterskin
-rope 50'(hempen)
-common clothes w/hood (dark)
-belt pouch
-potions of greater healing(2); 4d4+4
-loose coins
-trinket: tiny silver bell without a clapper

Treasure:
GP: 12 SP: 00 CP: 00

Carrying Capacity: 240 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 480 lbs
Climb: 15' Swim: 15'
Long Jump: 19' & 8'
High Jump: 6' & 3'
Hold Breath: 3 minutes

Notes:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Fleshing out]
Description:
-Height: 6'0"
-Weight: 198lbs
-Sex: Male
-Hair: Brown (short)
-Eyes: Brown
-Scars: Many minor scars across arms, torso, and back.

Personal Characteristics:
-Personality Trait: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
-Personality Trait: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
-Ideal: When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. I will never do so again.
-Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me. (i.e. The Badger)
-Flaw: If there's a plan, I'll forget it. If I don't forget it, I'll ignore it.

Background:
After spending four years in a military prison for desertion, Zander found himself on the streets penniless and without hope. Left to stealing to survive he found himself back in prison for another year. It was in the dungeons that he met The Badger, an old gnomish thief that would become his mentor and only friend.

Released together the two took to The Badger's old hideout in the sewers. In the following days Zander learned to use his mind along with his muscles to accomplish his goals. The two never made enough gold to leave the sewers, stealing only food, books, and a dragonchess game. Zander later realized that this was because The Badger was teaching him a lot more than lockpicking and burglary during all his lessons. The tough lesson came when The Badger told Zander that experience is the greatest of teachers, and he must leave his comforts to experience and learn from the world.

A forlorn Zander packed up his meager belongs, savings, and a notice from the Wizard Imani requesting men-at-arms, scouts, and "other able-bodied persons" to earn gold in his grand undertaking, and set out for a life of adventure.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(note: work is crazy busy so I'll build this character slowly over the next weeks. But I thought I would at least put a few notes down)

MALBUNG IKRUM, the Hoar-Blade
AKA SIR NOT APPEARING IN THIS THREAD
Half elf (eldarin)
Bard: college of sword 6 / Hexblade 2
Background: Outlander

[sblock=minisheet]Malbung Ikrum, the Hoar-blade, Half elven (winter eladrin Bard(swords)6/Hexblade 2 (outlander), level 8.
HP: 59/59, Hit dice: 8/8
Temp HP: 7
AC: 18 Temp AC:
Passive Perception 14
Saves: Str: +0, Dex: +2, Con: +2, Int: +0 , Wis: +4, Cha: +6
Warlock slots remaining = 2/2. Bard slots remaining = 4/4 , 3/3, 3/3
Bard inspiration remaining = 3 Potions of healing remaining: 1[/sblock]

[sblock=character sheet]Abilities:
Str: 10 (+0), Dex: 14 (+2), Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (0), Wis: 13 (+1), Cha: 16 (+3)
(stats rolled with Redrick Roller)

AC: 18 (dex, breastplate, shield, can be boosted via shield spell or bardic ability)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 (40 when using blade flourish)
HP: 59 (8+2X8+5X7)
Hit Dice: 8d8
Proficiency Bonus: 3
Passive Perception: 14

SAVES: Str: +0, Dex: +2, Con: +2, Int: +0 , Wis: +4, Cha: +6

OFFENCE:
The Bronze blade: +7 to hit, 1d8+6 damage
dagger: +5 to hit, 1d4+2 damage (elven long-knife)
Short bow: +5 to hit, 1d6+2 dmg

SKILLS (* = proficient, ** = expert. Half proficiency in all others)
Acrobatics: +3
Animal Handling: +2
*arcana +3
*athletics +3
Deception: +4
History: +1
Insight: +2
** Intimidate +9
Investigation: +1
Medicine: +2
Nature: +1
  • perception +4
  • Perform +6
Religion: +1
Sleight of Hand: +3
** stealth +8
* survival +4

PROFICIENCIES AND LANGUAGES
Tools: Hangdrum, pan's pipes (made of bone)
Language: Common, Elven, Sylvan, one more
Weapons: simple and martial weapons
Armor: Light & medium armor, shields

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Bard Features:
Inspiration (1d8): 3/short rest. Bonus action to give to other 1d8 bonus (usable in next 10 min) on ability, save or attack
Jack of all trades: + 1/2 prof (round down) to all non-prof. ability checks
Song of rest: +1d6 healing to people spending hit dice after short rest
Expertise: Double proficiency on stealth, intimidate
Font of inspiration: regenerate inspiration dice on short rest
Countercharm: action, until end of next term, you and allies with 30 feet have advantage vs charm or fear.
Fighting style: dueling (+2 damage if weapon in one hand)
Blade flourish: +10 speed if attack action. Can use inspiration dice (1/round) to: defensive flourish (1d8 damage and AC), slashing flourish (1d8 damage and to other creature within 5 feet), mobile flourish (1d8 damage push creature 5 feet + dice, can use reaction to "keep up")
Extra attack

Hexblade features:
Patron: The hexblade
Hex warrior: Cha to to hit and damage with one weapon (always the bronze blade)
Hexblade curse: 30 foot range, bonus action. Curse: + prof bonus dmg vs target, crit on 19-20, if target dies (no matter reason), PC gains level + cha hp (11). 1/short rest
Eldrich evocation (see below)

Outlander feature: Origin: Cormanthor (guide/champion). Wanderer (Terrain memory, feed up to 6 people).

FEATS:
Warcaster (level 4): can cast with hand wielding weapon, advantage on concentration checks, can cast spell as AOO[/sblock]

[Sblock=magic]Spell DC: 14. Spell to hit number: +6

Bard spell known
Cantrip: Prestidigitation, minor illusion, mending
Level 1: fairy fire, healing word, disguise self
Level 2: Invisibility, heat metal, hold person
Level 3: fear, speak with dead, Leomund's tiny hut

Hexblade spell known
Cantrips: Booming blade Chill touch
Level 1: Shield, Hex, unseen servant

Invocation known: Eldritch sight (detect magic at will), fiendish vigor (false life at will, agreed with DM to assume 7/8 if a few moments to use)[/sblock]

[sblock=origins]Malbung originates from the small elven community of Tangled Trees in Cormanthor, and has a curious parentage: his father was a powerful eladrin warrior and his mother was a wood elven sorceress. The warrior was hoping to secure his legacy (ie an heir) and wooed the sorceress. Things went well at first, but then the sorceress discovered a dire prophecy - from this pairing, a dreadful warrior would be born. Wanting to avoid the foretold doom and save the relationship, she used subtle changeling magic and as a result, even though she bore the child, Malbung is half human. He came out "wrong" - he looks mostly elven but is gaunt, bony and freakishly tall, his eyes are very dark and he is "stuck" in the winter form of the eladrin, with blue-tinted skin and the occasional burst of frost. His father abandoned the family when the son was born, sensing that he had been deceived somehow.

He was raised by the wild elves but not fully accepted. Believing he was a full elf and eager to prove themselves, he set about trying to master every skills, becoming talented in lore, wilderness skills, magic, music and swordplay.

One day, he heard word that his father had died, and - being his sole sun despite his best effort - he inherited his sword, an ancient bronze blade: thin, straight and unbreakable. The sword unlocked new abilities, and he set out, becoming the feared warrior his mother had sought to prevent.

Although a well experienced adventurer, Malbung is new to the hexblade business. He initially attributed his new found powers to the sword being a powerful weapon and is only beginning to understand his patron. Despite this limitation, he has already incorporated this magic in his elaborate fighting style.

OOC: I really have to read up on elven subraces in FR, it seems... complicated. Some details may have to be changed[/sblock]

[sblock=recent history]Malbung has spent many decades roaming the woods of Cormanthor and knows it very well. He will act as a guide for groups who's cause he deems worthy of support. Said groups, expecting a ranger, are sometimes surprised by his set of skills.

He has heard of the recent activities of the dracolitch Dretchroyaster and its awakening. As his father took part in the efforts to suppress it 1279, he has a personal interest in seeing the dragon put down. Although by no means a historian (and in fact quite ignorant of many important elements of Faerun's history), Malbung plays close attention to events in Cormanthor.

Due to the changeling magic that his mother used, Malbung has a half-sister of sort, born in a human family at about the same time (but also half-elven). Malbung is unaware of her existence.[/sblock]

[sblock=the father]Malbung's father was a powerful Eldarin warrior named Beleg and was the previous wielder of the Bronze Sword. He was known as the Winter Knight, due to his preference for cold magic and the winter aspect of the eldarins (the Bronze Sword has no cold power, this was a personal preference). Despite his processes, he was never able to unlock the true power of the blade (in game terms: he wasn't a Hexblade, but an Eldritch Knight). This drove him to greater heights of courage to prove that he was the rightful wielder of the sword, which won him great renown and caused him to be much more "engaged" in the non-elven world. However, it also caused him to worry that he needed the "perfect heir" to pass the sword to, as he feared for his legacy and lineage, should the sword reject the heir also. Beleg died about five years before the story begins.[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance and personality] Height: 6'7" - he is unnaturally tall
Weight 140 lbs
Hair: black, long, lanky
Eyes: bluish black
Skin: pale blue (winter eladrin aspect). He occasionally exhales visible vapor (as if on a cold winter day), no matter the season.

Malbung seems somewhat cold and unemotional, and is very patient - believing that he is a full blood elf, he takes the long view. His anger is like ice - slow, glacial, until it bursts like an avalanche. A 3 week ambush is perfectly reasonable to him. He has earned a reputation as one not to cross - his fear magic, stealth, strange fighting style, fondness for retribution and fierce demeanor when roused can make him terrifying, and he can easily intimidate others.

Malbung believe in things being done properly, basic politeness and respect, and can be quite pleasant, despite his off-putting appearance. Those who get to know him will note a sly sense of humor, with jokes and pranks slowly unfolding over long periods of time. He has a very strong sense of self and is driven to live up to his father's legacy as a great warrior and defender of the forest. He believes in getting the job done, justice and righting wrongs.

Although Malbung looks more eladrin than wood-elf, culturally speaking he is a wood-elf - he was raised by them, dresses like them and in many ways behaves like them. Malbung is at ease with members of other race, having met many in his travels. He dislike large cities, finding them filthy and too noisy. The small villages and towns of the Dales are much more proper.

Malbung is frugal and self sufficient. He regularly casts mending on his belongings to repair minor damage, and as a result much of his equipment has lasted far longer than it normally would have. He hunts and forage to feed himself and uses woodcraft and magic for shelter. He has a few small treasure caches cunningly hidden, worth several thousand gold, put away for a rainy day (OOC: not accessible in game). He can spend months in solitude but does look forward to companionship and news from time to time; it is nice to sit in an inn and enjoy a glass of wine.

One day Malbung would like to settle down and have a family so he can pass down his lineage to his heir. He believes he has hundreds of years to do so, not realizing he's already near middle-age[/sblock]

[sblock=The Bronze Blade]His father's bronze sword (+1, longsword:
Manufacture: fey
History: This blade has been wielded by fey champions for over 7 thousand years. Malbung doesn't fully grasp its importance but knows of the great legacy his father has. The blade is fairly well known in the elven community, although it does not have the great prestige that the 3 Elfblades of Cormanthor have, or the moonblades.
Minor Property: Unbreakable. Legend claims the sword will shatter if no fey are left alive.
Quirk: Confident: this is a sword of champions.
File:Bronze jian of the Terracotta Army.jpg - Wikimedia Commons (I've seen it in person!)

Malbung fancies himself a bit of an expert in the study of elven blades of note - he is perfectly content with his "modest" sword, but secretly believes there is more to it than meets the eye. [/sblock]

[sblock=equipment]MONEY: 13 gold, 5 silvers

1 hunting knife, 1 dagger (elven long knife), The Bronze blade, hatchet
Traveler's clothes, wolf pelt (hunting trophy, winter coat)
Pan's flute, A bronze pentacle with image of cat
1 potions of healing
Pouch, 2 sacks, component pouch, back pack
breastplate (armor is breastplate, leather bracers, a wolf's pelt over the shoulders, metal-reinforced leather gloves, knee high boots and a copper circlet), shield
fishing hooks and light snares, wet-stone, chalk (2 pieces), steel mirror, tinder box
50 feet of silk rope, 50 feet string
3 oil flask, 5 candles, 3 torches
Rations X 5, Mess kit, water-skin
bedroll[/sblock]

Attachments

• githyanki_by_matt1361.jpg
    githyanki_by_matt1361.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Backstory]
Lorenn,

This is the last time you will hear of me.

Despite that I'm going to erase your name from our genealogy tree, your Mother convinced me to write down the reasons of my grievance against my Firstborn.
I still wanted to let you know that the fact that I complied to Her request does not make me nourish any hope in your fate or destiny. I did it only out of respect for the High Eladrin blood running into Her veins.

I wrote you once, listing the four chief virtues -- Wisdom, Justice, Fortitude and temperance. The way you lived showed me you had none of them. I searched the faces of the gods for ways to teach you, to make you noble, in vain. What is in you that makes you so unstable and tricky?

I was not pleased, to say the least, when you where suspended from the Silverymoon Tel'Quessir Academy. And I prefer to not get into the details of your foolish attempt to join the Knights of Myth Dranor. So pathetic... Then you fled from the elitist Eldreth Veluuthra, for which I pulled strings for, to end spawning with El'Tael and their Bladedancer. Dancers... MY son, really?

Finally, the last insult you made to my face was your abject acquaintance with this... this... Dhaerow!
And with that, you failed me for the last time.

The Great Archivist was not able to find any similar situation in our Family Chronicles. Therefore, the act I am ready to commit under the gaze of my Ancestors will have dire consequences.
When you will receive this letter, you will no more be an Asterion. Your traces in this House will be erased and no mentions of your name will ever be made again, ever.

I've heard you enlisted for some Dracolich hunt... I do not wish you luck. The only regret I have is to know that powerful Elven blood will be split in pure lost.

Do not mention your former house name to anyone and do not try to come back. You are banished.

Lysanthir Asterion, Protector and Patriarch of House Asterion
[/SBLOCK]
Lorenn Asterion
Rogue 3 (Arcane Trickster) / Wizard (Bladesinger) 5
Half-elf (m), Neutral good

--------------------
AC 17 (Mage armor 13, Dex +4), 20 (Blasdesong Int +3)
HP 54; HD[/B] 3d8+5d6
Speed 30 ft (40ft Bladesong)
Init +4 ;
--------------------
Str 8 (-1) Dex 18 (+4) Con 14 (+2) Int 16 (+3) Wis 8 (-1) Cha 12 (+1)
--------------------
Proficiency Bonus +3
Saves Dex +7, Int +5
Skills Acrobatics +7, Arcana +6, Deception +7, History +6, Investigation +6, Perception +2, Performance +4, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth+10
Senses. Darkvision 60ft., Passive Perception 12
Armors & Weapons Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbow, shortsword, longsword, rapier, shortbow
Tools disguise kit +4, one type of gaming set, thieves' tools +7
Languages common, elvish, undercommon, thieves' cant
Background. Criminal

Actions
--------------------
Lightblade. Melee : +8 (1d8+5 magic piercing ; finesse)
Shortsword. Melee : +7 (1d6+4 piercing ; finesse, light)
Dagger. Melee : +7 (1d4+4 piercing ; finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60))
Fire Bolt. Range : +6 (2d10, fire (range 120ft.))

Wizar Spells
--------------------
Spellcasting Ability Intelligence ; Spells Save DC 14 ; Spells Attack Bonus +6
Daily Spells to prepare 8; Slots 4, 3, 3
Known Spells in spellbook 14+3
  • Lvl 0 : fire bolt, Booming Blade, Green Flame Blade, Mage hand, minor illusion, message, Prestidigitation
  • Lvl 1 : alarm (ritual), detect magic (ritual), find familiar (ritual), identify (ritual), comprehend languages (ritual), absorb elements, shield, feather fall, mage armor, disguise self, Silent Image
  • Lvl 2 : mirror image, flaming sphere, misty step, web
  • Lvl 3: haste, counterspell

Lvl 1: [][][][]Mage Armor, Disguise Self, Silent Image, Shield, Absorb Element, feather fall
Lvl 2: [][][] Web, Flaming Sphere, Misty Step
Lvl 3: [][][]Haste, Counterspell

Features and Traits
--------------------
Expertise. Stealth, Deception
Sneak Attack. +2d6
Cunning Action. Dash, Disengage, Hide as a Bonus Action
Darkvision. 60 ft.
Fey Ancestry. Adv. Save vs charmed, immune to sleep
Skill Versatility. Arcana, History
Criminal Contact.
Arcane Recovery.
3 Slots on short rest (1/longrest)
Arcane Tradition. Bladesinger
Training in War and Song. Performance skill
Bladesong. Bonus action, 1 min, AC+2, +10ft., Adv. Acrobatics check, Concentration +3, (2/Long Rest)
Mage Hand Legerdemain.

Equipment

---------------------
Lightblade, Rapier, Valhalla Horn (Brass), Board of Flying (Broom of Flying), shortsword, dagger (2), studded leather, thieves' tools, backpack, crowbar, hammer, piton (10), tinderbox, rations/1 day (10), waterskin, rope/hempen 50 feet, crowbar, clothes/common, pouch 755 gp, Potion of Healing (5), Antitoxin (5), Chalk (2 pieces), steel mirror, grappling hook, healer's kit.

Scrolls: Hold Person, gaseous form, haste, water breathing, and disintegrate.

Lightblade a +1 rapier with the added property: when you run your hand along the fuller ("blood groove") you can create a light from no light to the light of a candle (5-foot-space) to the light of a lantern (60-foot radius), and whatever brightness you desire in-between.

Character
---------------------
Personality Trait: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
Ideals: I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.
Bond: I’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor.
Flaw: When I see something valuable, I can’t think about anything but how to steal it.

Notes
---------------------
[Mage Hand Legerdemain]
Starting at 3rd level, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible, and you can perform the following additional tasks with it:
* You can stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.
* You can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
* You can use thieves’ tools to pick locks and disarm traps at range.

You can perform one of these tasks without being noticed by a creature if you succeed on a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Perception) check.
In addition, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to control the hand.

[BLADESONG ]
While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits:
* You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of+ 1).
* Your walking speed increases by 10 ft.
* You have advantage on Acrobatics checks.
* You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1).

You can use this feature twice. You regain all ex-pended uses of it when you finish a short or long rest.

2403facba81558c5bad1cd5a0a075d80.jpg

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Current iteration. Once they’ve got a new working version, I’ll update to that. But for now, we’ll go with this.

[sblock]Name: Primus
Race: Human
Class: Nomad Mystic 8
Background: Far Traveler

HP: 59
AC: 12 (16 With Inertial Armor)
Psi Points: 44 (Max 6 on one use)

Str: 8
Dex: 14
Con: 14 (13 +1 Human)
Int: 20 (15 +1 Human, +1 Keen Mind, +1 Observant, +2 ASI
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Feats:
Keen Mind (From Variant Human)
You have a mind that can track time, direction, and detail with uncanny precision. You gain the following benefits.
• Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
• You always know which way is north.
• You always know the number of hours left before the
next sunrise or sunset.
• You can accurately recall anything you have seen or
heard within the past month.

Observant
Quick to notice details of your environment, you gain the following benefits:
• Increase your Intelligence or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
• If you can see a creature’s mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it’s saying by reading its lips.
• You have a +5 bonus to your passive W isdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores.

Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons
Light Armor
Insight (Background)
Perception (Background)
Arcana (Class)
History (Class)

Background Feature:
All Eyes on You
Your accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and per- haps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories ofyour homeland.
You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

Mystic Features:
Mystical Recovery
Starting at 2nd level, you can draw vigor from the psi energy you use to power your psionic disciplines.
Immediately after you spend psi points on a psionic discipline, you can take a bonus action to regain hit points equal to the number of psi points you spent.

Telepathy
At 2nd level, your mind awakens to the ability to communicate via telepathy. You can telepathically speak to any creature you can see within 120 feet of you in this manner. You don’t need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic messages, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language or be telepathic itself.

Strength of Mind
Even the simplest psionic technique requires a deep understanding of how psionic energy can augment mind and body. This understanding allows you to alter your defenses to better deal with threats.
Starting at 4th level, you can replace your proficiency in Wisdom saving throws whenever you finish a short or long rest. To do so, choose Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, or Charisma. You gain proficiency in saves using that ability, instead of Wisdom. This change lasts until you finish your next short or long rest.

Potent Psionics
At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon attacks with psychic energy. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon, you can deal an extra 1d8 psychic damage to that target. When you reach 14th level, this extra damage increases to 2d8.

In addition, you add your Intelligence modifier to any damage roll you make for a psionic talent.

Nomad Features:
Bonus Disciplines
At 1st level, you learn two additional psionic disciplines of your choice. They must be chosen from among the Nomad disciplines.

Breadth of Knowledge
At 1st level, you gain the ability to extend your knowledge. When you finish a long rest, you gain two proficiencies of your choice: two tools, two skills, or one of each. You can replace one or both of these selections with languages. This benefit lasts until you finish a long rest.

Memory of One Thousand Steps
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to use psionics to recall your steps. As a reaction when you are hit by an attack, you can teleport to an unoccupied space that you occupied since the start of your last turn, and the attack misses you. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Superior Teleportation
At 6th level, you gain a superior talent for teleportation. When you use a psionic discipline to teleport any distance, you can increase that distance by up to 10 feet.

Disciplines:

Adaptive Body
Immortal Discipline
You can alter your body to match your surroundings, allowing you to withstand punishing environments. With greater psi energy, you can extend this protection to others.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you don’t need to eat, breathe, or sleep. To gain the benefits of a long rest, you can spend 8 hours engaged in light activity, rather than sleeping during any of it.

Environmental Adaptation (2 psi). As an action, you or a creature you touch ignores the effects of extreme heat or cold (but not cold or fire damage) for the next hour.

Adaptive Shield (3 psi). When you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage, you can use your reaction to gain resistance to damage of that type—including the triggering damage— until the end of your next turn.

Energy Adaptation (5 psi; conc., 1 hr.). As an action, you can touch one creature and give it resistance to acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage (your choice), which lasts until your concentration ends.

Energy Immunity (7 psi; conc., 1 hr.). As an action, you can touch one creature and give it immunity to acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage (your choice), which lasts until your concentration ends.

Mastery of Force
Wu Jen Discipline

Psychic Focus. Advantage on Strength checks.
Push (1–7 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d8 force damage per psi point spent and is pushed up to 5 feet per point spent in a straight line away from you. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

Move (2–7 psi). Choose one object you can see within 60 feet of you that isn’t being worn or carried by another creature and that isn’t secured in place. It can’t be larger than 20 feet on a side, and its maximum weight depends on the psi points spent on this ability, as shown below.
As an action, you move the object up to 60 feet, and you must keep the object within sight during this movement. If the object ends this movement in the air, it falls. If the object would fall on a
creature, the creature must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or take damage as listed on the table below.

Psi Spent/Max Weight/Bludgeon Damage
2/25lbs/2d6
3/50 lbs/4d6
5/250 lbs/6d6
6/500 lbs/7d6
7/1000 lbs/8d6

Inertial Armor (2 psi). As an action, you sheathe yourself in an intangible field of magical force. For 8 hours, your base AC is 14 + your Dexterity modifier, and you gain resistance to force damage. This effect ends if you are wearing or don armor.

Telekinetic Barrier (3 psi; conc., 10 min.). As an action, you create a transparent wall of telekinetic energy, at least one portion of which must be within 60 feet of you. The wall is 40 feet long, 10 feet high, and 1 inch thick. The wall lasts until your concentration ends. Each 10-foot section of the wall has an AC of 10 and 10 hit points.

Grasp (3 psi; conc., 1 min.). You attempt to grasp a creature in telekinetic energy and hold it captive. As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be grappled by you until your concentration ends or until the target leaves your reach, which is 60 feet for this grapple.

The grappled target can escape by succeeding on a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check contested by your psionic ability plus your proficiency bonus. When a target attempts to escape in this way, you can spend psi points to boost your check, abiding by your psi limit. You gain a +1 bonus per psi point spent.

While a target is grappled in this manner, you create one of the following effects as an action:

Crush (1–7 psi). The target takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage per psi point spent.
Move (1–7 psi). You move the target up to 5 feet per psi point spent. You can move it in the air and hold it there. It falls if the grapple ends.

Nomadic Mind
Nomad Discipline

Psychic Focus. Whenever you focus on this discipline, you choose one skill or tool and have proficiency with it until your focus ends. Alternatively, you gain the ability to read and write one language of your choice until your focus ends.

Wandering Mind (2–6 psi; conc., 10 min.).
You enter a deep contemplation. If you concentrate for this option’s full duration, you then gain proficiency with up to three of the following skills (one skill for every 2 psi points spent): Animal Handling, Arcana, History, Medicine, Nature, Performance, Religion, and Survival. The benefit lasts for 1 hour, no concentration required.

Find Creature (2 psi; conc., 1 hr.). You cast your mind about for information about a specific creature. If you concentrate for this option’s full duration, you then gain a general understanding
of the creature’s current location. You learn the region, city, town, village, or district where it is, pinpointing an area between 1 and 3 miles on a side (DM’s choice). If the creature is on another plane of existence, you instead learn which plane.

Item Lore (3 psi; conc., 1 hr.). You carefully study an item. If you concentrate for this option’s full duration while remaining within 5 feet of the item, you then gain the benefits of an identify spell cast on that item.

Psychic Speech (5 psi). As an action, you attune your mind to the psychic imprint of all language. For 1 hour, you gain the ability to understand any language you hear or attempt to read. In addition, when you speak, all creatures that can understand a language understand what you say, regardless of what language you use.

Wandering Eye (6 psi; conc., 1 hr.). As an action, you create a psychic sensor within 60 feet of you. The sensor lasts until your concentration ends. The sensor is invisible and hovers in the air. You mentally receive visual information from it, which has normal vision and darkvision with a range of 60 feet. The sensor can look in all directions. As an action, you can move the sensor up to 30 feet in any direction. There is no limit to how far away from you the eye can move, but it can’t enter another plane of existence. A solid barrier blocks the eye’s movement, but the eye can pass through an opening as small as 1 inch in diameter.

Phasing Eye (7 psi; conc., 1 hr.). As Wandering Eye above, except the eye can move through solid objects but can’t end its movement in one. If it does so, the effect immediately ends.

Nomadic Step
Nomad Discipline
You exert your mind on the area around you, twisting the intraplanar pathways you perceive to allow instantaneous travel.

Psychic Focus. After you teleport on your turn while focused on this discipline, your walking speed increases by 10 feet until the end of the turn, as you are propelled by the magic of your teleportation. You can receive this increase only once per turn.

Step of a Dozen Paces (1–7 psi). If you haven’t moved yet on your turn, you take a bonus action to teleport up to 20 feet per psi point spent to an unoccupied space you can see, and your speed is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn.

Nomadic Anchor (1 psi). As an action, you create an invisible, intangible teleportation anchor in a 5-foot cube you can see within 120 feet of you. For the next 8 hours, whenever you use this psionic discipline to teleport, you can instead teleport to the anchor, even if you can’t see it, but it must be within range of the teleportation ability.

Defensive Step (2 psi). When you are hit by an attack, you can use your reaction to gain a +4 bonus to AC against that attack, possibly turning it into a miss. You then teleport up to 10 feet to an unoccupied space you can see.

There and Back Again (2 psi). As a bonus action, you teleport up to 20 feet to an unoccupied space you can see and then move up to half your speed. At the end of your turn, you can teleport back to the spot you occupied before teleporting, unless it is now occupied or on a different plane of existence.

Transposition (3 psi). If you haven’t moved yet on your turn, choose an ally you can see within 60 feet of you. As a bonus action, you and that creature teleport, swapping places, and your speed is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn. This ability fails and is wasted if either of you can’t fit in the destination space.

Baleful Transposition (5 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 120 feet of you. That creature must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, you and that creature teleport, swapping places. This ability fails and is wasted if either of you can’t fit in the destination space.

Phantom Caravan (6 psi). As an action, you and up to six willing creatures of your choice that you can see within 60 feet of you teleport up to 1 mile to a spot you can see. If there isn’t an open space for all the targets to occupy at the arrival point, this ability fails and is wasted.

Nomad’s Gate (7 psi; conc., 1 hr.). As an action, you create a 5-foot cube of dim, gray light within 5 feet of you. You create an identical cube at any point of your choice within 1 mile that you have viewed within the past 24 hours. Until your concentration ends, anyone entering one of the cubes immediately teleports to the other one, appearing in an unoccupied space next to it. The teleportation fails if there is no space for the creature to appear in.

Psychic Assault
Awakened Discipline
You wield your mind like a weapon, unleashing salvos of psionic energy.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with psionic talents that deal psychic damage.

Psionic Blast (1–7 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target takes 1d8 psychic damage per psi point spent on this ability.

Ego Whip (3 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 psychic damage, and it is filled with self-doubt, leaving it able to use its action on its next turn only to take the Dodge, Disengage, or Hide action. On a successful saving throw, it takes half as much damage.

Id Insinuation (5 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 5d8 psychic damage, and it goes into a fury, as its id runs rampant. On its next turn, it can use its action only to take the Dodge or Attack action. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

Psychic Blast (6 psi). As an action, you unleash devastating psychic energy in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw, taking 8d8 psychic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. You can increase the damage by 2d8 if you spend 1 more psi point on this ability.

Psychic Crush (7 psi). As an action, you create a 20-foot cube of psychic energy within 120 feet of you. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, a target takes 8d8 psychic damage and is stunned until the end of your next turn. On a successful save, a target takes half as much damage.

Third Eye
Nomad Discipline
You create a third, psychic eye in your mind, which you cast out into the world. It channels thoughts and knowledge back to you, greatly enhancing your senses.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have darkvision with a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision with that range or greater, increase its range by 10 feet.

Tremorsense (2 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you gain tremorsense with a radius of 30 feet, which lasts until your concentration ends.

Unwavering Eye (2 psi). As a bonus action, you gain advantage on Wisdom checks for 1 minute.

Piercing Sight (3 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you gain the ability to see through objects that are up to 1 foot thick within 30 feet of you. This sight lasts until your concentration ends

Truesight (5 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you gain truesight with a radius of 30 feet, which lasts until your concentration ends.

Psionic Talents:

Mind Thrust
Psionic Talent
As an action, you target one creature you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or take 1d10 psychic damage.
The talent’s damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).

Mystic Hand
Psionic Talent
You can use your action to manipulate or move one object within 30 feet of you. The object can’t weigh more than 10 pounds, and you can’t affect an object being worn or carried by another creature. If the object is loose, you can move it up to 30 feet in any direction.
This talent allows you to open an unlocked door, pour out a beer stein, and so on.
The object falls to the ground at the end of your turn if you leave it suspended in midair.

Equipment:
Explorers pack
Fine clothes
Bag of Holding[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Primus is married and has a number of kids, all of whom are near grown. He’ll be in his mid 40’s, his psionic power keeping him spry. The Genasi are all much younger than he is.

Their parents are probably dead by now, but they were explorers of other planes and went on many adventures to places few have been. Primus was the first child, and was actually born in the Astral Plane during an expedition of a dead God’s corpse.

Growing up, Primus was always a little different, and always seemed to know things he shouldn’t. His smile was unnerving to some, as he seemed to always be wearing it, like he knew the answer to some joke about you that you weren’t privy to.

He married over 20 years ago to an Eldarin maiden, so his four children are all half elves, and each taking after a different season, as seems to be a theme with his family.

They are all in the Feywild, where they usually make their home, though they at times vacation in the Prime Material Plane. But he is very much a Nomad. He travels the planes, usually the Material Plane, searching out new knowledge. But he is often home, bringing gifts and spending time with his children. Soon, the oldest will be old enough to accompany him.

Currently, he is on the Prime Material Plane at a request from Terrus, who asked for his help with their...problem. Always quick to come to his sibling’s aid, he came, and is going to meet Imani, the wizard Terrus directed him to.

He can’t planewalk himself. He relies on the services of a number of wizards he knows. One of which is a certain wizard his siblings recently helped. [/sblock]

Attachments

• zerak-portrait.jpg
    zerak-portrait.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Alhana Heartseeker
Elf (High) Fighter(Arcane Archer) 8
Noble CG
XP: 34000 / 48000
Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 20 (+5)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 8 (-1)
A rebellious young noblewoman, Alhana has made a name for herself as an adventurer and errant do-gooder.​

[sblock=Appearance, Personality and Backstory]Age 150
Gender Female
Height 5'11""
Weight 120 lbs.
Hair Silver
Skin Fair
Eyes Blue

Description
While physically beautiful, Alhana has a rough careless appearance, almost messy, and an off putting manner.​

Traits
Alhana is rough and direct in her speech.​
Alhana is constantly fidlling with small objects.​
Ideal
Freedom for the good of all.​
Bond
Alhana is still sought by her ex-betrothed who feels he has a legal claim on her.​
Flaw
She does not take direction well.​

Backstory
Alhana was raised to a life of privilege. Her parents' only daughter, she was coddled and protected and became very used to that sort of lifestyle. One day, she was being taught the rudiments of of archery and her life changed forever.​
Gone was the dissolute wastrel, and in her place was a devoted, driven athlete, detemined to master the bow. This began to concern her parents after a few years, and became a conflict with their goal of marrying her off to an elvish prince.​
She fled her home and sought a life on her own. In Neverwinter, she ran into some business with a mine and some goblins, and formed a bond with a group of adventurers, Mastering her skills with them, she puched for them to explore far afield after they achieved grest success. Her impetuous nature led them to agree to a mission to fight a dragon, which wound up killing her companions, and left her barely alive.​
After recovering she wandered a bit, seeking work where she could, she found herself in the Dales. Hearing mention of the Sage of Hap, Alhana has made her way to his tower, wondering where the road will lead her.​
[/sblock][sblock=Skills & Proficiencies]Proficiency Bonus: +3

Skills
  • Acrobatics +8
  • Animal Handling +1
  • Arcana +5
  • Athletics +0
  • Deception -1
  • History +5
  • Insight +4
  • Intimidation -1
  • Investigation +2
  • Medicine +1
  • Nature +2
  • Perception +4
  • Performance -1
  • Persuasion +2
  • Religion +2
  • Sleight of Hand +5
  • Stealth +5
  • Survival +1
Proficiencies
Armor All Armor, Shields
Weapons Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
Tools Playing Cards
Languages Common, Elvish, Sylvan[/sblock][sblock=Combat]AC 17
Initiative +5
Speed 30 ft
Passive Perception +14
HP 68
Hit Dice 8/8
HD Type 1d10+2

Saving Throws
  • Strength +3
  • Dexterity +5
  • Constitution +5
  • Intelligence +2
  • Wisdom +1
  • Charisma -1
Attacks
  • Longbow + 1 ranged +11 / 1d8+6 piercing [150*/600] heavy, two-handed
  • Shortsword melee +8 / 1d6+5 piercing finesse, light
  • Shortsword(OH) melee +8 / 1d6 piercing finesse, light
[/sblock][sblock=Features]Background: Noble(Position of Privilege)
Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.​
Feats
Sharpshooter
  • Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.
  • Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.
  • Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.
Elven Accuracy
  • Whenever you have advantage on an attack roll using Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma, you can reroll one of the dice once.
  • +1 Dex
Fighter Features
Fighting Style (Archery)
  • +2 to hit with ranged weapons
Second wind
  • 1d10+8 hp
  • 1 / SR
Action Surge
  • 1 Additional Action
  • 1 / SR
Extra Attack
  • You can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
Arcane Archer Features
Arcane Archer Lore
Arcane Shot
  • 2 / SR, Save DC 13
  • Banishing Arrow
  • Bursting Arrow
  • Grasping Arrow
Magic Arrow
Whenever you fire a nonmagical arrow from a shortbow or longbow, you can make it magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.​
Curving Shot
When you make an attack roll with a magic arrow and miss, you can use a bonus action to reroll the attack roll against a different target within 60 feet of the original target.​

Elf Features
Darkvision
Fey Ancestry
You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.​
Cantrip
  • Mending
[/sblock][sblock=Spellcasting]
Arcane Archer Spells
  • Spell Attack Bonus: +5
  • Spell Save DC: 13
Arcane Archer Cantrips
Prestidigitation, Mending​

[/sblock][sblock=Money and Equipment]Money
0 pp, 418 gp, 0 ep, 1 sp, 0 cp​
Carried
  • Longbow +1
  • Studded Leather
  • Shortswords (2)
  • Daggers (2)
  • Quiver (2)
  • Arrows (40)
  • Backpack
  • Belt Pouch
  • Bedroll
  • Mess Kit
  • Rations (10)
  • Waterskin
Carried Weight: 64
Carrying Capacity: 150
Heavily Encumbered: 100
Encumbered: 50
Push, Drag, Lift: 300
[/sblock][sblock=Notes][/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(I felt that Malbung was too "I can do everything!" and had too many things to keep track. Bad for showboating. This is a more "focused" gish with a cool story. Perhaps less OP)

Kalorn
Fighter (EK) 3, warlock (hexblade/blade pack) 5
Human (alt), Soldier (ex mercenary captain).
Alignment LE(ish)

Kalorn of Mulmaster, the cursed sell-sword (Fighter(eldrich knight) 3/Warlock(hexblade) 6; alt-human, soldier)
HP: 63/63, Hit dice: 8/8
Temp HP: 15
AC: 16 Temp AC:
Passive Perception 15
Saves: Str: +5, Dex: -1, Con: +5, Int: +0 , Wis: +2, Cha: +3
Warlock slots remaining = 1/2. EK slots remaining = 2/2
Action surge = 0/1. Second wind = 1/1. Hexblade curse = 1/1
Potions of healing remaining: 6

Abilities:
Str: 14 (+2), Dex: 8 (-1), Con: 14 (+2) Int: 10 (0), Wis: 14 (+2), Cha: 18 (+4) (standadrd aray, alt human, ASI on cha)

AC: 16 (chainmail, can be boosted via shield spell)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 30
HP: 63 (10+ 2x6 + 5x5 +8X2)
Temp HP: 7
Hit Dice: 3d10, 5d8
Proficiency Bonus: 3
Passive Perception: 15
SAVES: Str: +5, Dex: -1, Con: +5, Int: +0 , Wis: +2, Cha: +4

OFFENCE:
The Nail (greatsword): +8 to hit, 2d6+5 damage
dagger: +5 to hit, 1d4+2 damage

SKILLS: Arcana +3, Athletics +5, Intimidate +7, perception +5, Survival +5

PROFICIENCIES AND LANGUAGES
Tools: land vehicle, dice
Language: Common, Dwarven
Weapons: simple and martial weapons
Armor: all armor, shields

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Fighter/EK features
Action Surge
Second Wind (1d10+3)
Fighting style: 2 handed weapons (rerolls 1 or 2s)

Hexblade features:
Patron: The hexblade
Pact: blade pact
Hex warrior: Cha to to hit and damage with one weapon
Hexblade curse: 30 foot range, bonus action. Curse: + prof bonus dmg vs target, crit on 19-20, if target dies (no matter reason), PC gains W. level + cha hp (9)., 1/short rest (I, Kalorn, curse you, with one voice. Thus.)
Eldrich evocation (see below)

Soldier features: Rank (Comander, destroyed mercenary company)

FEATS:
Great Weapon Mastery (may +10 dmg, -5 to hit. If drop creature, cleave as bonus action)

EK spells (casts with right hand)
Cantrips: Booming Blade, Mending
Level 1: Shield, Absorb element, Summon familiar

Familiar: Sooty, a small black bat. Kalorn often closes his eyes and sees via the sense of Sooty to seek invisible foes or see in the dark. Kalorn is not afraid of putting Sooty in danger (he can just summon it again) but will take any attack against Sooty as a mortal insult.

Warlock spells (casts with left hand)
Cantrip: Eldrich blast, Blade ward, Prestidigitation
Level 1: Hex, Armor of Agathys (By the Old Accords, water shall be my shield and shall be your doom)
Level 2: Suggestion, Invisibility
Level 3: Thunder step ("shadows take me" fall through Shadowland), Hypnotic Pattern

Invocation : Thirsting blade, Misty Visions, fiendish vigor

Kalorn used to be the commander of a small band of mercenaries. They accepted a contract to attack a wizard's tower. Kalorn, freshly trained in the magical arts, was lead to believe that this would be an easy victory.

He was mislead, and things went horribly wrong. Most of his men were killed, and some, including himself, were captured by the evil wizard, who was experimenting on grafting parts on living subjects. Kalorn's injured leg was removed and replaced. He believed it to be demonic (based on what he saw done to his men) but he is wrong - it is of Shadar-Kai. The graft was successful, but not perfectly, and left him with a noticeable limp. A few days later, the wizard was attacked by a force of Shadar-Kai, bent on revenge for the indignity done to one of their own. They killed the wizard and burned down the place, intent on destroying every foul creation of the wizard. Kalorn fled into dark tunnels under the wizard's tower, and managed to survive due to the guidance of his loyal bat familar, Sooty.

This traumatized him and he will not show the leg to anyone else, simply blaming a "war injury" for the limp. The leg however was not just of any random Shadar-Kai but one of their champions, favored by the Raven Queen. The "demon" leg infused him with power, filling him with terrible strength in battle. Kalorn still doesn't know the nature of the leg and so far the Raven Queen hasn't made any demands...

He begged, scraped and stole until he was able to get enough equipment to hire himself as a caravan guard, and slowly rebuilt his fortune. Now he is a sword for hire, but is unwilling to lead men into battle.

note: this character concept was created with [MENTION=6689161]Warpiglet[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6803337]Eltab[/MENTION] in the following thread: Finally found a use for Ringnmail (and other silly character design discussion)

5'10", 190 lbs
Eyes: grey, blood shot. Skin: grey, 3 day stubble.
Hair: grey, often hidden by mail coif.

Hollow cheeked and sharp-nosed. A somewhat larger than average man, with a heavy limp. Long blade belted to the hip, dressed in black chain, an old hat over a kettle helm and a tattered black cloak.

Kalorn is still bitter and angry about what was done to him and the loss of this company. He loathes the "demon" leg and will not let anyone examine it. He is quick to violence and doesn't hold life in high value, believing that the world is a cruel place where most people suffer. He fears that the leg has corrupted him and turned him to evil (it has not - it only has opened a magical channel to his patron - his rage is based on trauma, not demonic influence). To "spite" the demon leg, he focuses his hatred on what he perceives as evil doers. He loathes wizards that uses their powers to dominate others, will gladly kill devil/demon summoners, and sees necromancer as not much better. He once infiltrated a slaver's company and poisoned them all.

Kalorn can be quite convincing due to the depth of his conviction, but he finds it hard to make friends - he figures that most people would reject him if they knew about the leg, so why bother? He is utterly convinced that love is unattainable for him.

Still... he misses the old camaraderie of the old company, and if his companions can demonstrate that they won't just randomly die on him, he might warm up to them...

Personality: Lost too many friends, not eager for new ones
Ideal: Might
Bond: Death to Opressors
Flaw: Hatred of enemies

+1 Greatsword
Manufacture: Human.
History: This sword was used by a Zentarim Comander in a clash with forces from the dales over 100 years ago. The blade was lost and kept by the authorities in Archendale for a century. Awarded to Kalorn for dealing with a troublesome troll. Has a faded "Z" on the disk pommel.
Minor Property: Temperate: Wielder is comfortable in temperatures of -20 to 120 farenheit
Quirk: Hungry: needs a drop of blood to work
The Munich Medieval War Sword

knife, 1 dagger, 2 handaxe, The Nail
Common clothes Black Cloak and Hat, black boots with metal inserts, chainmail hauberk, kettle hat ( a type of helmet) under the hat.
wet-stone, fishing hooks and light snares, 50 feet of silk rope, 50 feet string
6 potions of healing, 1 potion of water breathing, 1 Vial alchemist fire, 1 antitoxin, a vial of dragon blood, 2 oil flask
Scroll of Hex (level 1)
Pouch, Sack, 2 component pouch
Dice (ebony), 5 candles, Chalk (2 pieces), steel mirror
Explorer's pack: back pack, tinder box, Rations X 10, Mess kit, waterskin , 1 torches, bedroll
A small bed for Sooty

Money: 56.5 GP

rUUvua4.jpg

(CREDIT: Cowbro the outlaw sorcerer by theDURRRRIAN on DeviantArt )

Last edited:

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto, Cleric of Lathander

Sesto is ready to go and defend the world against the dreaded dracolich Dretchroyaster.

Attachments

• Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 a.png
    Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 a.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 864
  • Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 b.png
    Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 b.png
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 699
  • Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 c.png
    Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 c.png
    556.1 KB · Views: 688
  • Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 d.png
    Hero Lab - Sesto, Cleric of Lathander lvl 8 d.png
    944.7 KB · Views: 861

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Character Name: Mord

[Sblock]Player: Gargoyleking

Race: Aasimar(Fallen)

Class: Warlock

Background: Criminal

The City-State of Haven was a strange egg to be sure.  It was located somewhere in the vicinity of Mulhurond. Although it played official homage to the Mulhurandi Pharaoh,  it was very independent. It was ruled entirely by an upper caste of Aasimar, and as such appearances ‘had’ to be kept up in order to cement the power structure of the government.

Mord had always been resistant to the requirements set upon him.  He took every opportunity to rebel, and the more that his family ratcheted down the thumbscrews, the more he pushed back.  Eventually, he discovered and joined a secretive cult who worshipped some dark, nameless deity. This deity took an interest in the young aasimar, offering access to new powers in exchange for obedience to it’s occasional demands.  Mord was happy to oblige and as he delved more and more deeply into his arcane teachings, the very nature of his being began to change.

This became apparent when his familial conflict came to a head.  His cult had been found out and raided. Mord, being from a particularly noble house was given into their care.  And when his father set into him in an attempt to straighten him out, Mord transformed into his angelic form in a fit of anger.  Only, the form that burst forth was dark and twisted with bony skeletal wings in place of the standard feathered ones. And his eyes seemed to suck the light into their black pools rather than glowing in and of their own.

After that, Mord was swiftly banished from the city.  Although, they kept a close eye on him through regular scrying.  He took to adventuring and though he did much good, it was never with anything but selfish intent.  Even as he participated in the battle of BlackRock mountain, Mord was merely seeking knowledge and power with which to empower himself.  Part of his reward for that venture was an amulet which blinded the Havenites attempts to track him. And he kept a dagger for himself that should more likely have been sequestered away in some temple vault or destroyed for it’s dark origin and purpose.

Max HP: 51

AC: 14

Initiative: +2

Passive Perception: 11 (60 ft. Darkvision)

Move: 30 ft.

Abil(Bonus)[Save]

Str: 10(0)

Dex: 14(+2) Stealth (+5)

Con: 12(+1)

Int: 12(+1) Arcana(+4)

Wis: 12(+1)[+4]

Cha: 18(+4)[+8 ] Deception, Intimidation (+7)

Other Prof:

Lang: Common, Celestial

Armor: Light

Weap: Simple

Tools: Thieving Tools

Gaming: Cards

Attacks: (Weap(range), To Hit, Damage(type), Other

Eldritch Blast (120), RSA+8, 1d10+3(2 shots), Spell

Chill Touch(120), RSA+8, 1d8 (Necrotic), Spell (Target can't regain HP until start of next turn. Vs Undead causes DA on attack rolls against caster until end of next turn.

Fleshreaver(Obsidian Dagger/Focus), +6, 1d4+3(S)

Aasimar (Fallen)

Abil: Cha +2, Str +1

Speed: 30 ft.

Darkvision: 60 ft.

Celestial Resistance: Resistance to Necrotic+Radiant damage

Healing Hands: (Action) Touch creature, regains HP=your level. Recover(LR)

Light Bearer: Know "Light" Cantrip, Abil=Cha

Subrace: Fallen

Necrotic Shroud: (Action) Duration (1 minute)

Eyes turn "pools of darkness", grow flightless wings "skeletal, ghostly"

On transformation: Other creatures within 10ft. makes Cha save DC (8+P+Cha) (xx) or become frightened of you until end of your next turn.

During effect, Deal extra necrotic damage (level) to one target when you deal damage with an attack or spell.

Recharge: (LR)

Background: Criminal (Spy)
Criminal Contact

Warlock:

Otherworldly Patron: The Great Old One

Pact Magic:

Spell Attack: +6, Spell Save DC: 14

Cantrips: (3)

Eldritch Blast, Chill Touch, True Strike, Guidance (BoS), Mage Hand(BoS), Minor Illusion(BoS)

Spell Slots: (2)

Spells Known: (9)

Hex(8 hrs), Cloud of Daggers(6d4 dmg), Shatter (4d8), Vampiric Touch, Hunger of Hadar, Counterspell, Banishment, Dimension Door, Evard’s Black Tentacles

Spell Slot Level: (4)

Eldritch Invocations:

Invocations Known: (4)

Agonizing Blast(+Cha to EB dmg), Mask of Many Faces(Disguise Self, at-will), Book of Ancient Secrets(Comp Lang, Identify), Devil's Sight(120 ft. See in mundane and magical darkness as normal.

Pact Boon: Pact of the Tome

Patron provides Grimoire called "Book of Shadows." Choose 3 cantrips from any class list. While the book is on warlocks person, they can cast any of the cantrips chosen. They don't count against Cantrips Known limit.

Ability Improvement/Feats

Lv 4: Warcaster feat
- Gain Adv. on Con saves to maintain concentration on a spell when taking damage.
- Can perform Somatic Components of spells even when you have a weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
- When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Lv 8: +2 Charisma

Equipment:
Gold: (1) Silver: (9) Copper: (6)
Fleshreaver
Amulet of proof against detection and location
Studded Leather
Sling , Bullets(20)
Spell Component Pouch
Potion of healing (4)
Thieve's Tools
Book of Shadows
Entertainer's Pack
Scroll Case
Flask of Alchemist's Fire

Minions: 3 skeletons equipped with:
Dagger
Club
Sling + 40 bullets
Hide armor
Shield
Travelling clothes+Masks
Backpack

(Extra skelly gear. 3 clothes/ masks, 1 backpack, 1 shield, 3 slings/120 bullets, 3 clubs)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases