ZEITGEIST Radical Vekeshi Plot: Am I Missing A Page?

arkwright

Explorer
Heyo. Could someone please help me with the Vekeshi Mystic special-mission in Book Three? Two bits in particular are giving me problems.

"Shortly after theevents of the adventure, Dawkins attended a celebration in the Cloudwoodthat any PC Vekeshi Mystics would have been at."

"If confronted, Starke threatens to reveal to his fatherthe Attorney General that the PC is a member of the Vekeshi. In a fight,Starke is no threat to a PC by this point, but getting to him when heis not protected by bodyguards and household security is a challenge."

For the first one- I can't find any other reference to this celebration; which, fine, isn't necessary. But the bigger problem is that I can't tell if this means that the PC Mystic should know about Dawkins jokingly ordering Rackus' death, and should know that the order was clearly not an order at all.

For the second one- I can't find any stats for Starke, let alone his bodyguards.

Am I supposed to homebrew all of this, or am I missing a few pages?

efreund

Explorer
This is tricky, and yes, has some thin support.

First, make sure that you've purchased the supplemental handouts (at least in PDF form), and look at the Vekeshi handout therein. There's special information on the sect, the initiation rite, and on Old Stag that is nowhere in the book. Caught me off guard when I just handed my PC the handout and he started talking about events I didn't know about.

Second, there's no support for the celebration other than what you're seeing in the Radical Vekeshi Plot appendix. Nor has the Attorney General ever been mentioned before. I tried to lay the groundwork for this by having the PCs meet the Attorney General during the trial of MacBannin.

Third, I made of point of mentioning to my Vekeshi PC that the Vekeshi meet to celebrate after the first full moon after each equinox and solstice. And I've done high-level run-throughs of these meetings before. It causes me to invent a whole bunch of NPCs, but I use Changeling for inspiration. Anyway, yes, in my game, I RP'd as Old Stag and made the "deserves to die" joke on-screen.

Finally, since the Starke takedown is likely to be made with one PC acting alone, you probably don't want to spend all the table-time it would require to do a full combat. So there's no stats for Starke or his bodyguards, just roll a couple skill checks and narrate success & complications.

So, yes, you are missing a few pages, and you're supposed to homebrew all of it. :)

arkwright

Explorer
Oh, goodie. Lots to homebrew. This wouldn't normally be a huge problem for me (though asking the GM to homebrew a wacked-out elf-fey orgy in the dreaming seems a bit rude), but I'm running this AP to learn 4e, so improvising skill checks and the like isn't going to be too easy.

Thanks for your help.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases