[AU] Stone Bones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*A few steady hours of walking (on foot or on horse) brings Atlas, Will, Darthallys, and Indacalis to Ka-Rone around noon. The port city rises up before you, the giantish scale making it seem larger than it is. There's a tang of salt on the air, carried by a brisk breeze. As you enter the city, it's bustling with people; mostly humans, giants, and sibeccai. A couple times you see messenger-guides run past, their beribboned elbows and knees along with headbands decorated with specific seals marking their profession.*

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ray Silver said:
*A few steady hours of walking (on foot or on horse) brings Atlas, Will, Darthallys, and Indacalis to Ka-Rone around noon. The port city rises up before you, the giantish scale making it seem larger than it is. There's a tang of salt on the air, carried by a brisk breeze. As you enter the city, it's bustling with people; mostly humans, giants, and sibeccai. A couple times you see messenger-guides run past, their beribboned elbows and knees along with headbands decorated with specific seals marking their profession.*

Atlas calls over one of the guides, "Please deliver this message to Lessea the Akashic and Phaern the sailor. Also could you suggest a tavern for us to await them?" He then tips the guide 10 gp and leads the group to the tavern suggested, Where he pays for the group's lunch and thier first round of drinks.

OOC: Message: Please meet with me at the place the messenger says to discuss a matter of grave import. Signed Atlas and sealed with his signet.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The guide's eyes widen at your price. He's a sibeccai youngster with light brown fur. After a split second decision, he answers rapidly.*

"Wait at the Star Cross tavern near the warf. I'll ferret out your friends in three hours or not at all," he says, then springs off into the crowd, your message clutched in his hand.

*You all make your way to the warf. The Star Cross seems to be a cut above the typical taverns along here, with its stoop scrubbed clean, and the walls freshly whitewashed. Inside it's slightly cooler and the air is heavy with the scent of frying fish. You can get some fried fish and some light refreshing ale for a few silver.*

*Kelthet and Leesea, about a couple hours after noon a very frazzled sibeccai messenger comes into the Rat's Breath and comes over to you. After confirming your names, he'll give you Atlas' message and tell you that he's waiting at the Star Cross tavern and is willing to guide you there.*

dead_radish

Explorer
Kelthet smiles serenly. "Ahhh. Things are in motion now. Excellent. Should we head off? I would bet the rest of the people from the vision are there waiting for us already."

OOC: Note he still has the armor song up.

Rybaer

First Post
dead_radish said:
Kelthet smiles serenly. "Ahhh. Things are in motion now. Excellent. Should we head off? I would bet the rest of the people from the vision are there waiting for us already."

*Leesea drops a silver on the table and leaves the rest of her (entirely too large) drink.*

"Absolutely," she says. "I'm eager to see if all the others have already assembled."

"Lead on," Leesea says to the messenger.

*Leesea follows the sibbecai to the Star Cross tavern and will tip him two silvers for his effort. She'll then follow Kelthet into the tavern and look for anyone from the vision.*

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ray Silver said:
*You all make your way to the warf. The Star Cross seems to be a cut above the typical taverns along here, with its stoop scrubbed clean, and the walls freshly whitewashed. Inside it's slightly cooler and the air is heavy with the scent of frying fish. You can get some fried fish and some light refreshing ale for a few silver.*

"Fish and ales all around", Atlas tells the waitress. *When the meal arrives he gives the girl 2 gold for the fish and gold for herself.*

"Just don't get carried away" he tells the others. "We are here on a mission", *he looks especially at Wil and Darthallys, the partiers from the night before.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Rybaer said:
* She'll then follow Kelthet into the tavern and look for anyone from the vision.*

*Lessea can hardly miss Atlas, as she comes into the bar, as he waves the guide over.* "Thank you devoted one", he says to the guide. "Have you eaten?" He asks Lessea and Kelthet.

*Once everthing is settled, he asks* "do you have a more private place we could discuss the bones.", pointedly of Lessea.

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
"One might think that a Sibeccai guide offered a ridiculous amount of gold for a simple task might have the common decency to direct us to a tavern with good harlots. These vermin ridden consorts take less care of themselves than you do while campaigning, friend Atlas."

*Darthallys the Razor Tongued laments his misfortune as he /slowly/ nurses his second lager. He's already proudly announced that he will moderate his drinking while campaigning.* "Not that alcohol in any way interferes with my abilities, mind you. Sibeccai are of hardier stock than that. It's merely that I'd rather not waste gold that could be better spent forwarding our agenda."

*He glances around impatiently then looks to Atlas,* "On the plus side, should our fate bound companions fail to materialize shortly, you shan't have to pay that messenger the simply obscene fee you offered. We need to have another economic discussion my friend. You sorely overestimate the worth of your lessors. Also, when the pup returns, quietly pass him his fee and keep the coins hidden. Many a ne'er do well would do him for a fraction of that fee."

*He takes another sip of his lager, quietly adding,* "The powers know I've rolled a few men for less. Never a pup though. No sport in it."

Corinthi

First Post
*Darthallys blinks as he notes Atlas speaking to the Spryte already. He shakes his head and nods to the Akashic.*

"Well met and my pardons on my crude speech, mi'lady. Not only did I fail to note your approach, but I'm unused to the presence of the fairer sex amidst my tavern banter. I am Darthallys the Razor Tongued, an appelation that is a bit too fitting, I'm afraid. Perhaps a round of introductions are in order, for while I have dreamed of you and your companion, I can't profess to know you."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Corinthi said:
*He glances around impatiently then looks to Atlas,* "On the plus side, should our fate bound companions fail to materialize shortly, you shan't have to pay that messenger the simply obscene fee you offered. We need to have another economic discussion my friend. You sorely overestimate the worth of your lessors. Also, when the pup returns, quietly pass him his fee and keep the coins hidden. Many a ne'er do well would do him for a fraction of that fee."

*He takes another sip of his lager, quietly adding,* "The powers know I've rolled a few men for less. Never a pup though. No sport in it."

*Atlas sighs* "I see still have much to teach you friend, if you still value gold above lives." *It is there age old argument.*

Remove ads