Golems and MD?

dave_o

Explorer
I'd say it would. :D

Mage's Disjunction, the 3.5 version, states that each permanant magic item must make a Will save or be turned into a mundane item. So, I'd say, if Sir Golem fails his save -- he's just a big statue/gelatin/fleshy-thing.

Pax

Banned
Banned
Golems are not magic items. They are magically-created creatures.

Disjunction would have no effect on a golem, whatsoever.

cptg1481

First Post
Aw....

I thought by the title that there were golems in Maryland......

Guess the scare is over...for now.

Or is it, there was that one girl at a bar I'd swear she was a flesh golem.

Pagan priest

First Post
My first thought was that this was about Massive Damage. I don't have the book handy, but does it not say that golums are immune to all magics except one or two spells? I don't think that Mordenkanin's Disjunction is on the short list for any of the golum types.

paranoid

Pagan priest said:
I don't have the book handy, but does it not say that golums are immune to all magics except one or two spells? I don't think that Mordenkanin's Disjunction is on the short list for any of the golum types.
true, but note that MD is not subject to spell resistance, and a golem's spell immunity refers to that:
SRD:
Immunity to Magic (Ex): A xyz golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance.

Naar

First Post
The magic that creates a golem is instantaneous, so there's nothing for Mordenkainen's disjunction to disjoin.

Darklone

Naar said:
The magic that creates a golem is instantaneous, so there's nothing for Mordenkainen's disjunction to disjoin.
Magic items are disjoined, why not golems?

Heck, even artefacts aren't immune.

Remove ads