Will you make transsexual Elves canon in your games ?

ccs

41st lv DM
Nope. No long rest, sex changing, elves in my games. Nor will this be mentioned until a player brings it up.
You want to play a shape shifter? See if I'll let you play a changeling or a doppelganger.

Now I might incorporate the change if an elf PC is revived from the dead.
Probably with some sort of increased likelihood based upon how long they've been dead.
If the % comes up & the player wants to change then no problem, they come back different. If they want to remain as they were, then a save of some sort.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I have no problem with it, except that I run a homebrew setting and the mechanical aspect of it doesn't fit with my elves. My elves reach adulthood (apparent age of 20) in 40 years, and then they appear to age 15 years for every 250 that they're alive. When they hit an apparent age of 80, they undergo a 50 year sleep where they return to an apparent age of 20. If a player wanted her elf to change sex as part of that 50 year slumber, that'd be more fitting with the the elves of my setting, and I'd say yes to it. Changing with each long rest however doesn't seem to fit with them so well.

Wiseblood

Adventurer
I doubt it. I kind of froze the lore in the 1990's. I would like it if players refrained from assuming that any printed lore was the law.

Zardnaar

Legend
I doubt it. I kind of froze the lore in the 1990's. I would like it if players refrained from assuming that any printed lore was the law.

90s is where my fluff is frozen at. That's if I use my Nasty Elves or go with Elves of Evermeet.

Also used the Drow won the wars so the Drow are the good elves who fled.

Zardnaar

Legend
I think I would like it more if its a new race that can do it, not retconning Elves. Pansexual can be a thing and D&D has had genderless racial options for a while now (Warforged any others?).

Retconning should only be done in extreme circumstances IMHO. Adding new stuff if it catches on add it to core (Warlocks, Sorcerers, Tiefling/Drow options etc).

Ganders

Explorer
There are no pregnant elves. They lay eggs beside a stream and another elf fertilizes them there. If you doubt this, show me where in any of the D&D books it says elves *don't* do this. See? Toldja.

And by the way, D&D humans do this too, and have all along, whether you realized it or not. No one ever said they were exactly like real-world humans.

Remove ads