WotBS advice needed (SPOILERS galore) - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    New creation. Bring some special magic rocks with you, then when you get where you're going carve a nice little column, slot the rocks in, do some hand wobbling, and boom, teleportation beacon.
    Laugh Mrpereira, Lylandra, trencher7 laughed with this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpereira View Post
    The adventure states that the Ragesians set it up underneath Seaquen, so I always assumed they brought it with them and activated it (it is 1 foot by 6 feet, so it is likely possible to break down into smaller pieces to transport it).

There is also one in chapter 5 when they teleport to Ostalin, but I always assumed that the Ragesians invented it and maybe traded it to Ostalin (or they stole the secret). Lyceum doesn't have one or know about them before the PCs find it, so it is reasonable to assume that it is a Ragesian invention.
    And I always though that it was created in Ostalin, then introduced to the Ragesians by Lee Sidoneth

(but honestly, this and the Burning Sky are nifty in-universe methods of preventing players from teleporting everywhere)
    XP trencher7 gave XP for this post

I portrayed the Ostalin teleportation beacon as their own creation, in response to the development of Ragesia's beacons. The Ragesians did it first, but then the other major powers all scrambled to develop their own as well. An arms race, of sorts.

Would have liked more detail about the beacons. I'm just lucky, none of my players ever asked about making one (helps that their base of operations is already protected by one I guess) nor about trying to transport it. I think I made the beacons larger and less apparently easy to disassemble and move. Implying that the Ragesians had been in Seaquen for some time with Lee helping them out.
    XP Tormyr gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by StreamOfTheSky View Post
    I portrayed the Ostalin teleportation beacon as their own creation, in response to the development of Ragesia's beacons. The Ragesians did it first, but then the other major powers all scrambled to develop their own as well. An arms race, of sorts.

Would have liked more detail about the beacons. I'm just lucky, none of my players ever asked about making one (helps that their base of operations is already protected by one I guess) nor about trying to transport it. I think I made the beacons larger and less apparently easy to disassemble and move. Implying that the Ragesians had been in Seaquen for some time with Lee helping them out.
    This is similar to how I view the competing beacons. Like various iterations of the automobile, powered flight, and other inventions came out at similar times and, in some cases, cause disagreement over who did something first.

A 6 cu. ft. pillar like described in the adventures would weigh close to 600 pounds. I figure the Ragesians had developed the technology recently. When Seaquen put out its call to build the resistance in December, the Ragesians launched their plan. The moved a beacon west out to their coast and sailed it around the coast in a ship disguised as a merchant trader. The Ragesians knew about the tomb's location and decided that it would make a good place to set up their base. The time to set everything up is why things don't come to a head until February.

Meanwhile, Ostalin, either through espionage or a certain level of magical research becoming available in the world, completes their first teleportation anchor.
    XP StreamOfTheSky gave XP for this post

Yeah, I never went to that level of detail about how it all happened, but that sounds like a good detailed analysis of what I had in mind.

EDIT: One added benefit of this approach was the assumptions it leads to about the other major powers, especially Shahalesti. Without me saying anything more on the matter, the players assumed Shaaladel had developed the technology as well. (If it had come up, I did plan to have it be the case, but I never had to verify it to them in game)
    XP Tormyr gave XP for this post

Short update:

We played last saturday. the Elves took over Seaquen. My Players were not happy with this but they knew that as long as everybody from the council is presumed dead they had no other choice than to accept it. One Player especially tried everything to prevent the Elves from taking over by interrupting the council meeting where Shalosha pronounced Admiral Telshanth the new leader. The player tried to find able citizens to constitute a new council but unfortunately in vain.
    So they werenīt too unhappy when they were assigned the diplomatic mission to Bresk. They met with Balan, he told them everything they needed to know about Dassenīs moved history on the way and we ended when they got to know that the Kingīs Family got murdered the other day.
    So it seems that we are more or less back on track.

P.S. Are there any news when adventure 4 will be available for 5e?
    XP RangerWickett gave XP for this post

It is with the technical reviewers right now. I hope to release it in about a week.
    XP trencher7 gave XP for this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply