Raymond, NH Basic Fantasy RPG Barrowmaze Open Table

Donald Smith

First Post
Another long time gamer in the coastal NH/ME area and I are running a biweekly game of Greg Gillespie's 'Barrowmaze' using the Basic Fantasy RPG rules at Jetpack Comics in Rochester, NH this summer, fall and potentially beyond.

We've run two sessions and had a blast! Barrowmaze really plays well into the come-when-you-can open table concept and BFRPG is a nice entry point for new and old gamers with quick to learn and open source rules.

For those not familiar, BFRPG is a OSR game strongly in the style of Moldvay/Cook B/X, so expect high lethality, fast-paced action and pig-faced orcs.

We're looking to grow the game and build up a regular or rotating cast. If you're a gamer in the area and interested in joining, write me here or check Jetpack's Facebook page for the event.

Jetpack has been kind enough to post our game on their Facebook calendar and I'd encourage anyone interested in going now or in the future to RSVP as interested or going to give us an idea of how many will be attending and to keep up on news.

The next session is Tuesday 7/17, from 5:30 PM - 8 PM, with snacks at the table and possibly heartier grub too if people are in a rush after work and missing dinner. We've had to play hopscotch with holidays for a while, but should be back to a biweekly schedule from then into the fall.

Last edited:

Donald Smith

First Post
We've switched to Tuesdays, 5:30 - 8, starting July 17, in an effort to find a day more convenient for busy summer schedules. We've had a great time so far and are hoping this will allow more players to join in the fun!

Next game: August 28. New players wanted and welcomed!

Last edited:

Donald Smith

First Post
An update with change of venue:

We're now playing Wednesday nights, 5:30 - 10 in Raymond, NH at Pop Culture Cards, Comics, Collectibles, and Gaming. Link to our updated Facebook group.

Next game is tomorrow night 6 February at 5:30.

It's still an open table format, so whether you're interested in dropping by and checking it out once, or want a regular biweekly game, come on by.

Pop Culture is a great FLGS and they have regular games of 5e and LOT5R going at the same time; we'd love to build up the old school segment of the crowd!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases