Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Adaptability

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Acting

Votes: 0 0.0%

Oofta

Legend
I need multiple choice, it's too tough to pick just one. :heh:

To me the most important thing is that a DM paints a clear picture of the environment and what's happening in the world. The PCs interact with the world and can change it in small and large ways, while players can contribute to the world building and help fill in details. But ultimately? It has to make sense to the DM.

So I picked story teller, even though that implies more railroading than I prefer.

DM Howard

Explorer
I picked adaptability, but communication is a close second.

You can be the most organized, reliable and creative DM ever, but none of that will mean squat if you can't handle the Barbarian wanting to compete in an impromptu wrestling match at the inn or when the Rogue decides to "earn some coin" off of the unsuspecting shop keeper right in the middle of an investigation adventure.

Rhenny

Adventurer
I picked "Being A Fair Referee" because that is the essence of what a Referee is, and once that's compromised, nothing else matters.

Being Organized, communicating, story telling and adaptability are all important, but first and foremost, fairness rules the day.

Dualazi

First Post
Sadly this poll is missing the most relevant category, "being named Dualazi". I went with Game knowledge as a close second, though, because I feel like ultimately a lot of the other options can only effectively stem from that. For example, I would cast serious doubts on a person's ability to be a fair referee without understanding the rules of the game they're supposed to adjudicate. It's likewise hard to adapt or incorporate players if you're unsure how to do that within the context of the game rules, since they're usually involved in even the most free-form of sessions.

Remove ads