Psion class (Mearls, Happy Fun Hour) - Page 26
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnZapp View Post
    At this glacial pace?

Honestly - it would not surprise me if they drag the development out another year, so the final published class doesn't come out in 2019 even...
    I'm hopeful we at least get the psion ua to test/play around with, I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Sun got released next year, since mearls has mentioned working of it on twitter. Apparently we are getting a setting release this year as well supposed to be announced in July.
    Last edited by T0kume1; Sunday, 24th June, 2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnZapp View Post
    At this glacial pace?

Honestly - it would not surprise me if they drag the development out another year, so the final published class doesn't come out in 2019 even...

I hope they won't actually get anywhere if the design by committee, ie the public.

What's needed is a design team with a strong vision for how they want psionics to be.

Most of us will be happy either way, as long as it's not ruined by compromise.

At this rate the class(es) won't be out of UA in 2019.

Just look at the Ranger UA. It looks more and more like a bait and switch, where they secretly wanted to do nothing, so they made an UA but then dragged their feet hoping everybody should just give up.

Like me. I'm starting to give up hope they will ever add actual crunch to this edition. MMearls talks and talks, but only ever delivers the easy stuff: more subclasses, races, spells and backgrounds.
    Actually I think we are finally making serious progress finally, instead of Mearls being attached to his mystic idea he's finally given it up and is building something that looks like and is called a Psion.

He's figure out most of the main mechanics for the class, he done one and a half subclasses for it so for and he has tje basic concepting done for a bunch more, all solid.

He just has to flesh out the the rest of the subclasses and spells/cantrips. Another 6 months at the latest and it should be done. Probably alot sooner, like 3 months it comes out in a UA.

Quote Originally Posted by gyor View Post
    He's figure out most of the main mechanics for the class, he done one and a half subclasses for it so for and he has tje basic concepting done for a bunch more, all solid.

He just has to flesh out the the rest of the subclasses and spells/cantrips. Another 6 months at the latest and it should be done. Probably alot sooner, like 3 months it comes out in a UA.
    Same here wouldn't be surprised if it was released in 3 months time , with it coming out as a final version for Dark Sun in print next year.
    XP gyor gave XP for this post

I wouldn't be surprised if the Metamorph gets 1 extra HP per level, as it seems to be a thing for Sorcerer subclasses that are more likely to get in the fray, especially if one of their main cantrips is bestial claw attacks.
    XP Salthorae gave XP for this post

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Eberron

Block Gradine

Friend+
    I've learned two things from this thread:

1) Apparently everyone is supposed to be familiar with 3rd party publishers?
    2) Gamers simply do not pick up on Elton John references.

Happy Fun Hour 6/26 2018 is up!

The Nomad Psion explores space-time. This show focuses on aspects of time travel.

The Original Post updates to include all of the Happy Fun Hours relating to psionics − so now you can binge watch them!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block jgsugden

Friend+
    I'm surprised how little he knows of the spells in the PHB. I also was not a fan of his design ideas as they unfolded for the nomad.
    Last edited by jgsugden; Thursday, 28th June, 2018 at 07:59 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Aldarc

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradine View Post
    I've learned two things from this thread:
    1) Apparently everyone is supposed to be familiar with 3rd party publishers?
    If we are talking about THE 3pp publisher for psionics built on the 3.X engine in a thread about what we want for psionics in 5e, then I would say that you should at least not be surprised or dismissive when they are named.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Eberron

Block Gradine

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    If we are talking about THE 3pp publisher for psionics built on the 3.X engine in a thread about what we want for psionics in 5e, then I would say that you should at least not be surprised or dismissive when they are named.
    That's fair. But then a LOT of gamers specifically avoid 3PP publishers, so one should also not be surprised or dismissive when someone claims to have never heard of them.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block MechaTarrasque

Friend+
    I don't know that I would put too much faith in Dark Sun coming based on MM's twitter. After all, he has also tweeted a lot about PoL/Nerath Valle, and the closest that came to coming to fruition is that the drow arachnomancer in MToF is based on his NV Lolth-patron warlock (which makes it at least the third NPC warlock with a pact that isn't officially available for PC's [also the fathomer in PotA and the princess in ToA]).

Quick Reply Quick Reply