3.5 I am looking for a monster from Dragon mag

I am looking for a monster from Dragon mag

I am looking for a specific monster that I think was in Dragon magazine during the 3e era. It was a massive dragon like monster with two heads. One red, and one blue. It also had a thing for magic items, either destroying or collecting them. It did this trough a very effective detection ability. The years it appeared in were 2004-2008.
    I already went through my back issues, and over the course of 4 hours, I couldn't find it or I overlooked it. So I was hoping to outsource the hunt and hope that someone knows what issue it appeared in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigdel View Post
    I am looking for a specific monster that I think was in Dragon magazine during the 3e era. It was a massive dragon like monster with two heads. One red, and one blue. It also had a thing for magic items, either destroying or collecting them. It did this trough a very effective detection ability. The years it appeared in were 2004-2008.
    I already went through my back issues, and over the course of 4 hours, I couldn't find it or I overlooked it. So I was hoping to outsource the hunt and hope that someone knows what issue it appeared in.
    I don't immediately recognize it.

Dragon #307: Dweomervore - small blue dragon that eats the charges from magic items?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigdel View Post
    Hmm… the only multiheaded Dragon that immediately springs to mind from those years of Dragon Magazine is the Dzalmus from Dragon #349's The Horde article, but that isn't a very good match to the description.

Hold on a mo, I've thought of another possibility from a bit earlier.

Mordukhavar the Reaver is a two-headed dragon from the article Spawn of Tiamat, Children of Bahamut in Dragon #260.

He's a Red & Black dragon rather than a Red & Blue one and the writeups in 2E AD&D. There's a 3E conversion for him on these fora in the thread Spawn of Tiamat (Converted Unique Dragons) by the late lamented Shade.

Could it be you're thinking of Demodragon from Dungeon magazine 147?

Quote Originally Posted by SolitonMan View Post
    Could it be you're thinking of Demodragon from Dungeon magazine 147?
    I think you're right there.

Demodragon matches all the key points of Sigdel's query. He's got the red & blue heads, arcane sight and a frenzy for stealing magic items.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    I think you're right there.

Demodragon matches all the key points of Sigdel's query. He's got the red & blue heads, arcane sight and a frenzy for stealing magic items.
    Aha.

"It's the Dungeon & Dragons ride..."
    Laugh Ath-kethin laughed with this post

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrim View Post
    Aha.

"It's the Dungeon & Dragons ride..."
    "Oh, come on!"

GM Lent
    DM's Guild: Offbeat Encounters (Collection of 10 Unusual Drop-in Encounter Scenarios for Characters of All Levels), Offbeat Encounters: The Wayward Warlock (Additional Drop-in Adventure Scenario), Offbeat Encounters: The Well of Suka Damu (Additional Drop-in Adventure Scenario), The Clockwork Mage (Rogue Subclass), Oath of the Cosmos (Paladin Subclass)
    Founder: Miniature Giant Space Hamster Press

OP: have you tried checking through dragondex? It's a pretty comprehensive index of everything that appeared in Dragon, though it might just cover the print run.

GM Lent
    DM's Guild: Offbeat Encounters (Collection of 10 Unusual Drop-in Encounter Scenarios for Characters of All Levels), Offbeat Encounters: The Wayward Warlock (Additional Drop-in Adventure Scenario), Offbeat Encounters: The Well of Suka Damu (Additional Drop-in Adventure Scenario), The Clockwork Mage (Rogue Subclass), Oath of the Cosmos (Paladin Subclass)
    Founder: Miniature Giant Space Hamster Press