I am looking for a monster from Dragon mag

Sigdel

First Post
I am looking for a specific monster that I think was in Dragon magazine during the 3e era. It was a massive dragon like monster with two heads. One red, and one blue. It also had a thing for magic items, either destroying or collecting them. It did this trough a very effective detection ability. The years it appeared in were 2004-2008.
I already went through my back issues, and over the course of 4 hours, I couldn't find it or I overlooked it. So I was hoping to outsource the hunt and hope that someone knows what issue it appeared in.

Celebrim

Legend
I am looking for a specific monster that I think was in Dragon magazine during the 3e era. It was a massive dragon like monster with two heads. One red, and one blue. It also had a thing for magic items, either destroying or collecting them. It did this trough a very effective detection ability. The years it appeared in were 2004-2008.
I already went through my back issues, and over the course of 4 hours, I couldn't find it or I overlooked it. So I was hoping to outsource the hunt and hope that someone knows what issue it appeared in.

I don't immediately recognize it.

Dragon #307: Dweomervore - small blue dragon that eats the charges from magic items?

Cleon

Legend

Hmm… the only multiheaded Dragon that immediately springs to mind from those years of Dragon Magazine is the Dzalmus from Dragon #349's The Horde article, but that isn't a very good match to the description.

Hold on a mo, I've thought of another possibility from a bit earlier.

Mordukhavar the Reaver is a two-headed dragon from the article Spawn of Tiamat, Children of Bahamut in Dragon #260.

He's a Red & Black dragon rather than a Red & Blue one and the writeups in 2E AD&D. There's a 3E conversion for him on these fora in the thread Spawn of Tiamat (Converted Unique Dragons) by the late lamented Shade.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases