[PF2] Legendary or Magical - Page 4

Poll: Which do you prefer...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by mellored View Post
    I have to say, I'm a bit surprised by the poll result. I expected something closer to an even split.

    And while the sample size is still fairly small, it bodes well for the skill feats.
    It's not that surprising, since both the pro-Legendary Feats and anti-Legendary Feats camp want rogues to not be magical. That's why I say I think the poll misses the crux of the disagreement.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlaquin View Post
    It's not that surprising, since both the pro-Legendary Feats and anti-Legendary Feats camp want rogues to not be magical. That's why I say I think the poll misses the crux of the disagreement.
    If you can do better, then do better.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by mellored View Post
    If you can do better, then do better.
    Id ask something along the lines of the rogue jumped out of the tower and landed safely on the ground. Is this possible without an act of magic?
    Yes
    No

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlaquin View Post
    Id ask something along the lines of the rogue jumped out of the tower and landed safely on the ground. Is this possible without an act of magic?
    Yes
    No
    Meh..
    That doesn't really tell what people prefer for their justification.

    If I was doing another poll, I would have...

    A rogue jumped out of a tall tower and
    * lands safely due to his legendary skill (catfall).
    * lands safely due to his magical spell (feather fall).
    * lands safely due to his magical item (ring of feather fall).
    * lands safely due to his supernatural/ki/psionic ability (slow fall).
    * dies because of physics (realistic fall).
    * other.


    But as is, legendary skill is so far ahead that I see no reason to remake it. There's only a noisy few who disagree with PF's direction.
    XP Garthanos gave XP for this post

  5. #35
    Member
    Pit Fiend (Lvl 26)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Edenvale, San Jose, CA
    Posts
    13,541
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Tony Vargas


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by mellored View Post
    Meh..
    That doesn't really tell what people prefer for their justification.

    If I was doing another poll, I would have...

    A rogue jumped out of a tall tower and
    * lands safely due to his legendary skill (catfall).
    * lands safely due to his magical spell (feather fall).
    * lands safely due to his magical item (ring of feather fall).
    * lands safely due to his supernatural/ki/psionic ability (slow fall).
    * dies because of physics (realistic fall).
    * other.
    * Hits the ground, takes enough damage to kill a small dragon, but gets up runs off without so much as a slight limp (hit points).
    Last edited by Tony Vargas; Wednesday, 13th June, 2018 at 09:52 PM.
    XP mellored, Garthanos gave XP for this post
    Laugh Charlaquin laughed with this post

  6. #36
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Andor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Enterprise, fl, 32725
    Posts
    3,739
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Andor


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by zztong View Post
    > Something else (comment below).

    Seriously though, if I'm playing the rogue, I don't want to jump from the tower using ability or magic unless its something like a 10 foot fall or maybe higher if I'm going to land in a hay wagon or water. Part of the fun playing a rogue, to me, is to succeed in normal and plausible ways. A super-heroic or magical rogue, to me, makes the rogue less interesting.
    In every edition of D&D a rogue can jump off of a tower of (HD-1)10' tall with a pretty good chance of walking away to heal his bruises. 20th level Rogue jumping off a 100' tower? No trouble at all. Is that less realistic than the fact that you can stab someone with a spork hard enough to do as much damage as someone jumping off a 100' tower?
    Laugh Garthanos laughed with this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •