So what do you do with a paladin that...

Green Knight

First Post
I don't see a problem with the carjacking. Just because the alignment is Lawful doesn't mean you have to obey the laws of the land. It means that you're a disciplined person who lives his life by a code. Could be to obey the law, but not always. If the Paladin is going by the Code of Chivalry, for instnace, then obeying the code trumps obeying the law of the land. Though I would suggest he not trash the car and that he leave it where it can be found so it can be found by the authorities and returned to the owner. And if not, copy down the license plate number and reimburse the owner for any damage done to the car.

jaldaen

First Post
Re: Re: Re: So what do you do with a paladin that...

hong said:
No problem. He has a mobile phone (or the equivalent), right? He can use it to get someone to intercept the garbage truck. This gives the other PCs a chance to save the paladin.

This may not work if your campaign is set in Russia....

Well... not exactly... he never bothered getting one and the other PCs... are either dead, or back at "base" and not yet "in the know"...

As for the setting... the PCs are on a planet that has recently fallen to another Empire, one other than the Dragon Empire... they are wokring as a resistance movement ;-)

Unfortunately... their resistance has been futile ;-)

-Jaldaen

Last edited:

jaldaen

First Post
Just as a side note:

Thus far I've had 6 PDK (Player-Death-Kills) in this campaign and the only original character is the paladin who seems to bearly survive everything I throw at him ;-)

But still he lingers ;-)

-Jaldaen

jaldaen

First Post
Okay... this is the only bump this thread is getting from me... so far I have:

2 votes for penace/"nail him"... although I'm thinking it might be 3 if you consider Dark Helmet's "beeping noise" as a vote for retribution of some sort ;-)

and

3 votes for letting him "off the hook" this time...

Anyone else want to voice an opinion before I decide my paladin friend's fate?

-Jaldaen

Remove ads