How ridiculous is a Level 20 Abjur Wizard?

CTurbo

Explorer
I haven't seen a high level Abjur Wizard in action yet, but it seems like a really really powerful school at higher levels.

jgsugden

Legend
What is his charisma and is he proficient in perform (comedy)?

I believe that they, like pretty much all of the wizard subclasses, are a lot of fun and are very effective throughout their careers.

I personally prefer the subclasses that have more 'iconic' abilities, such as the hypnosis of the enchanters, the advanced illusions of the illusionists, and the world alteration of the transmutation wizards. They may not be more powerful, but they tend to be more 'actively iconic'. So much of the abjurer and diviner are responsive and non-dynamic (while being very powerful). Diviners and abjurers tend to be stronger PCs, but the others are string enough and have felt like more fun to me. I definitely do not regret playing an enchanter wizard up to level 11 as one of my current characters.

CTurbo

Explorer
What is his charisma and is he proficient in perform (comedy)?

I believe that they, like pretty much all of the wizard subclasses, are a lot of fun and are very effective throughout their careers.

I personally prefer the subclasses that have more 'iconic' abilities, such as the hypnosis of the enchanters, the advanced illusions of the illusionists, and the world alteration of the transmutation wizards. They may not be more powerful, but they tend to be more 'actively iconic'. So much of the abjurer and diviner are responsive and non-dynamic (while being very powerful). Diviners and abjurers tend to be stronger PCs, but the others are string enough and have felt like more fun to me. I definitely do not regret playing an enchanter wizard up to level 11 as one of my current characters.

I agree that Illusionists and Enchanters are probably the most fun, and Abjurs and Diviners are probably the most "powerful"

I'm not a big fan of 5e Wizards at lower levels. They are all obviously strong once you get around level 5 or so on.

The Abjur in particular just seems like a beast. Other than being "squishy" with a likely low AC and 1d6 hit die, it seems like they would be REALLY hard to hurt while making life very difficult for enemies.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Absolutely ridiculous.

Same with the Diviner.

Both in good ways. Both are so much fun to play, without overshadowing the rest of the party.

Remove ads