Using d20 Modern for a WWII campaign (help)

ledded

Herder of monkies
I'm putting together a WWII campaign using d20 Modern as a base system. I'm incorporating some stuff of my own, plus a revision of the Polyhedron V for Victory minigame (with a few things borrowed from Pulp Heros from Polyhedron) which covers most of my game mechanics. The game is going to most likely be very Saving Private Ryan / Dirty Dozen / Guns of Navarone, with some nice background role-playing with local resistance, etc.

My questions are:

1) Does anyone out there have a list compiled or can point me to a resource for a good list of weapons, equipment, etc for a WWII campaign in d20 Modern nomenclature? I'm more concerned with vehicles/equipment/heavy weapons, as I have most everything up to LMG's done to my satisfaction (though I would be interested to see what someone else has come up with).

2) Does anyone out there have any specific resources that they have used in game, such as maps, props, etc that they would suggest? I have a lot of stuff, but I'm always on the lookout for anything useful.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Blood on the Rhine

If you can spend money, Weird Wars from PEG has lots of WWII stuff, I have started a conversion document to make the stats for the equipment match the V is for Victory Stats. The only thing I currently have that is no d20 is a crude list of stats for WWII war planes.

Sincerely,

Sammy Grimes

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Hey Ledded,

I second what Achan said. Pinnacle has done a very good job of putting WWII into d20. I highly recomend giving it a look. I'm not a big fan of the whole horror thing but nazi experiments are always great game material.

I have all the books but for their monster manual. They cover all major theatres of combat with armour and weapons specific to the time and area. If you need any stats, let me know. If I have it, I'll pass the info along. Also, if you plan on doing anything in the air, dog fights, bombing runs, etc, get your hands on Dead from Above. If you do not pick up any other splat by Pinnacle, get this one. The rules for air combat are the best I have seen, simple, fast, fun. There would be little conversion required to use them with d20 Modern.

Ledded, you know that any info I offer up comes at a price - a story hour. :cool:

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Achan, thanks for the info. If you care to share your airplane stats, by all means ;^)

Fenzer, thanks for the advice, I will try to find these sometime soon. The air combat sounds fun, our group did some air/space combat in SW but that system, even in the revised stuff, is still kinda klunky (we still had a lot of fun though).

And there will be a story hour. Actually, I am working on writing up a small part for the Medallions SH now; I've done a few "off camera" short stories for my character that have passed muster with the group, which will get posted when they come up in the SH. I just got through GM'ing a 5 week run of an episode of my own in Medallions, complete with juicy conspiracy, lots of guns, betrayal, deception, PC's getting being hauled into emergency rooms with someone on their chest giving them CPR, plus a 50-foot long demon made up of rotting diseased flesh and millions of tiny screaming maggots (oh yeah, they *loved* that one, I am so proud... I scared him so bad that Joe got down on his knees in the middle of combat and *prayed* with Brother Cooper). 'Nuff said, it will come up in SH land someday.

Thanks for the WWII stuff, I'm trying to talk the group into doing a WWII short campaign, sort of an aside to the main campaign. I'm really looking forward to it, and I have lots of minis and terrain stuff to go already.

Remove ads