WOIN New to WOIN and I have a couple of questions.

deadnite3

First Post
Is the barbarian career supposed to have access to the light armor skill? They have an exploit that increases the quality level of hide armor by one step. Or do you not need the appropriate skill when the items quality is enhanced artificially?

knikpiw

Explorer
Generally, the poison bite attack targets vital defense, but I consider them as having two different effects. At my table it takes an attack vs MELEE to hit with the bite attack. If the attack is successful, on the next round, the attack is rolled a second time against VITAL. On a successful hit, the opponent gains a 1st degree Poisoned Condition (or 2nd degree, if the attack Crits.).

Poison would be a trait added onto an attack, like a bite is Piercing and Poison (which can be done as an upgrade) and the victim is only moved on the status track when hit with a Critical, therefore Vital defence never comes into the equation.

M3woods

Explorer
Poison would be a trait added onto an attack, like a bite is Piercing and Poison (which can be done as an upgrade) and the victim is only moved on the status track when hit with a Critical, therefore Vital defence never comes into the equation.

Okay, so I an error of the word order sort. I'll correct that:
At my table, the poison bite attack targets vital defense, but I consider them as having two different effects. Generally, it takes an attack vs MELEE to hit with the bite attack. If the attack is successful, on the next round, the attack is rolled a second time against VITAL. On a successful hit, the opponent gains a 1st-degree Poisoned Condition (or 2nd degree, if the attack Crits.).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The official way is that the GM makes the call on which defence to use.

The way I personally do it is if more than one defence might apply (in this case MELEE or VITAL) you use the highest. Effectively the one attack roll has to beat both.

Remove ads